STOLEN NARROWBOAT

Liam

Featured Posts

Really that's also interesting and haven't seen your previous posts.

I was thinking of when we live aboard though, can this system inform your mobile phone ????? as the likely hood of being near a comp would be slim when live aboard. Whayt you suggest would be great if away from the boat for long periods, but if live aboard and away for a whole day say! and your boat gets nicked you can only track it when you know it's been nicked by getting to a comp.

If there's no mobile alert, you could use the system you suggest with the cheaper V2 model, and when it phones you if broken into you can get to a comp quickly to see if it's being moved.

What you have suggested is well clever though :lol:

Hmmm see what mean!, I'll look into it. :lol:

Really that's also interesting and haven't seen your previous posts.

I was thinking of when we live aboard though, can this system inform your mobile phone ????? as the likely hood of being near a comp would be slim when live aboard. Whayt you suggest would be great if away from the boat for long periods, but if live aboard and away for a whole day say! and your boat gets nicked you can only track it when you know it's been nicked by getting to a comp.

If there's no mobile alert, you could use the system you suggest with the cheaper V2 model, and when it phones you if broken into you can get to a comp quickly to see if it's being moved.

What you have suggested is well clever though :lol:

[1] Sorry if I'm sounding thick, but 'V2' or did I miss something previously. :lol:

[2] Also I'm pleased they seem to have found their boat, hopefully the 'hirers' or whatever just wanted to go in one direction for the full week, and then they dumped it, so hopefully no physical damage, just a lot of anguish for the owners, here's hoping anyway.. :lol:

Edited by johnjo

[1] Sorry if I'm sounding thick, but 'V2' or did I miss something previously. :lol:

[2] Also I'm pleased they seem to have found their boat, hopefully the 'hirers' or whatever just wanted to go in one direction for the full week, and then they dumped it, so hopefully no physical damage, just a lot of anguish for the owners, here's hoping anyway.. :lol:

Posted by Gary a few posts back :lol:

http://nautilarm.canalboatbits.co.uk/

There are a couple of different systems

Nautilarm V2 will send you a text so you would know immediately and could

act accordingly.

The message can also be sent simultaneously to a further two mobile phones

And

Nautilarm V2 GPS

So the 'stolen ' boat was on its holidays in one direction and not actually stolen at all. The perbs just failed to take it back and the owners had us running around.

Perhaps they should have a tracker fitted for their own peace of mind.

So the 'stolen ' boat was on its holidays in one direction and not actually stolen at all. The perbs just failed to take it back and the owners had us running around.

Sorry if your remarks are based on my above comment, I may have given the wrong impression, I was only making a personal guess, bearing mind from where it was thought to have been taken from and where it has apparently been located, might be something completely different, I don't know for sure. :lol:

Posted by Gary a few posts back :lol:

http://nautilarm.canalboatbits.co.uk/

There are a couple of different systems

Nautilarm V2 will send you a text so you would know immediately and could

act accordingly.

The message can also be sent simultaneously to a further two mobile phones

And

Nautilarm V2 GPS

Ah, all is clear now, many thanks for that.

Sounds like a good idea at £250 or thereabouts, not a lot for the peace of mind, well worth it. :lol:

Another little thing you can do with a Nautilarm is set up so it can trigger another device when commanded too by a text message to the unit, this could simply kill the engine or do something more proactive if you have any good ideas! :lol:

Shame it couldn't put the kettle on LOL on your way back to the boat. or even the stove :lol:

Good system though we'll be in touch when needed.

Can the alarm be linked to our Claxon horn instead of a siren. Just a thought :lol:

KlaxonHorn1-1.jpg

You could get it to switch some lights on if you're returning to the boat at night though.

Edited by Julynian

Shame it couldn't put the kettle on LOL on your way back to the boat. or even the stove :lol:

Good system though we'll be in touch when needed.

Can the alarm be linked to our Claxon horn instead of a siren. Just a thought :lol:

KlaxonHorn1-1.jpg

You could get it to switch some lights on if you're returning to the boat at night though.

It could drive the claxon via a relay and it can be used to switch whatever you want really, central heating is the popular one.

it is stolen and we still have not found it - we have had one sighting today been out all day looking but no luck yet on the ashby canal

it is stolen and we still have not found it - we have had one sighting today been out all day looking but no luck yet on the ashby canal

I know it may seem like we are hounding you at this difficult time, but any chance of the promised information about the hirers, please ?

As I said before, forum members have had a very good track record on stolen boats, but for those where they have suceeded they have been given a lot more to go on.

Alan

If our help is required to assist in finding this boat then the information needs to be broadcast.

Today has been a beautiful day for a walk along the towpath. Dave and I were not a million miles from The Ashby and had no real plans for the day. If I had seen a post on here this morning saying help was requested to check along the length of The Ashby they we would have been there like a shot. I suspect we may not have been the only ones and once a few mobile numbers were exchanged a small party could have covered the full length of The Ashby in quite a short time.

Tomorrow we are both Back at work and unable to help. It is so frustating to know these people are trying so hard to find their boat and yet they seem unable to give us here on the forum any information that we can use to assist them.

I hope the boat is found very soon. I feel so frustrated at being totally unable to help even though it is potentially right in my back yard so to speak!

Today has been a beautiful day for a walk along the towpath. Dave and I were not a million miles from The Ashby and had no real plans for the day. If I had seen a post on here this morning saying help was requested to check along the length of The Ashby they we would have been there like a shot. I suspect we may not have been the only ones and once a few mobile numbers were exchanged a small party could have covered the full length of The Ashby in quite a short time.

I suspect the posting that said it had been found, (or at least which everybody seemed to interpret as it's been found), would have discouraged most people for specifically going looking for it today. :lol: :lol:

Edited by alan_fincher

I suspect the posting that said it had been found, (or at least which everybody seemed to interpret as it's been found), would have discouraged most people for specifically going looking for it today. :lol::lol:

And now there is a new thread from the owners - obviously the boat hasn't been found

Stewey

Edited by stewey

I am amazed the owners post anything with all the bickering on here. Apart from Rose, and another maybe, eveyone else seems to be being very inconsiderate and cantacerous (or however it is spelt) not to mention the deviations and harshness. I know people are probably trying to help, but try putting yourself in their shoes for once - and remember what you THINK you have said doesn't mean you have! No one will bother trawling through this thread any more to get any of the information i.e. BW registration number... due to the sillyness going on.

I realise there is a problem with the information provided but if my boat was lost, and I had a problem with computers, or access to computers, I certainly wouldn't bother posting here. I know a very computer illiterate man (he was still writing with a quill pen when I was born) and it would be enough to post on here let alone read the thread to find out what people had been saying, and were it me I would be so upset I would fling the computer out of the window and find some better ways of finding a boat.

The forum has a good method of finding boats, and without the information we can't do a splendidly good job, but we have some.... we think it isn't enough, but who knows.

Right. I think I have finished throwing my toys out of the pram. These people are new to the forum, like so many people that come to the forum and all they, and others are finding is a bickering bunch of narrowminded , judemental inconsiderate *****. I know there are exception, but p - l - e - a - s - e.

• Greenie 1

I am amazed the owners post anything with all the bickering on here. Apart from Rose, and another maybe, eveyone else seems to be being very inconsiderate and cantacerous (or however it is spelt) not to mention the deviations and harshness. I know people are probably trying to help, but try putting yourself in their shoes for once - and remember what you THINK you have said doesn't mean you have! No one will bother trawling through this thread any more to get any of the information i.e. BW registration number... due to the sillyness going on.

I realise there is a problem with the information provided but if my boat was lost, and I had a problem with computers, or access to computers, I certainly wouldn't bother posting here. I know a very computer illiterate man (he was still writing with a quill pen when I was born) and it would be enough to post on here let alone read the thread to find out what people had been saying, and were it me I would be so upset I would fling the computer out of the window and find some better ways of finding a boat.

The forum has a good method of finding boats, and without the information we can't do a splendidly good job, but we have some.... we think it isn't enough, but who knows.

Right. I think I have finished throwing my toys out of the pram. These people are new to the forum, like so many people that come to the forum and all they, and others are finding is a bickering bunch of narrowminded , judemental inconsiderate *****. I know there are exception, but p - l - e - a - s - e.

Well said Bones

Here, here !

Bones,

I accept that the owners may not be the most computer literate people in the world.

However thay have ably demonstrated that they can both make a new positing, and even reply with quotes to an existing one, (something that often seems to defeat hardened CWDF members !).

What I really cannot comprehend is why they have posted and said certain very pertinent information will be posted, but still days later have not done so, nor have they said why they no longer want to.

This boat has now been gone a very long while, and being a Liverpool Boat will be less distinctive than many. Whilst you can turn a blue boat into a red boat, remove a cratch, or add extra port-holes, someone who is (for example), male, 50s, 5' 8", about 13 stone, and balding might find it a lot harder to disguise themselves.

The owners may believe the BW index number is unhelpful, but why would anybody be worried about handing out what is displayed on your boat anyway ?

We still do not know for absolute certain the last positive sighting of the boat. Indeed, we do not know the background to the claim it was on the Ashby, and whether that was

(1) Correct - but boat couldn't subsequently be found.

(2) A mistake - thought to be it, but wrong boat.

(3) Without foundation - no similar boat there.

It was unclear why the member who reported it would have received a call about it, or from who.

Rose is right. If it was on the Ashby yesterday, and more information had been given, with a request for help, it would have been found, I'm sure, and this incident would be closed.

My guess is it was not on the Ashby, but we still don't know whether that canal now merits particular looking at or not.

Everything I have posted has been in a genuine attempt to help, and get this search on track. That may mean having to be fairly forthright when lack of information is massively reducing the chances of finding the boat, (in my view).

Alan