Mooring lines..Help

sidewaysid

Featured Posts

I have just purchased 2 mooring lines, they are the hemp type in natural, they were bound up when purchased and they are difficult to work with and have a "memory" can anyone suggest how I can get them to form nice loops and form MY MEMORY, I'm a bit of a new fella on boats but I was shit hot in the Scouts :lol:

I have just purchased 2 mooring lines, they are the hemp type in natural, they were bound up when purchased and they are difficult to work with and have a "memory" can anyone suggest how I can get them to form nice loops and form MY MEMORY, I'm a bit of a new fella on boats but I was shit hot in the Scouts :lol:

Try throwing them in the canal and then stretching them out on the bank to dry.

Personally I would not use hemp ropes for cruising because of the mess they make of your hands, I much prefer soft synthetic ropes which remain pliable and do not tear your skin off when trying to hold the boat on a line. I do have a set of heavy duty Hemp ropes (they came with the boat), but they are only deployed as Winter mooring ropes, or if I need to tow another boat.