Small sofa beds

stickleback

Featured Posts

Me again - knew I had these somewhere:

attachicon.gif045.JPG

attachicon.gif044.JPG

Show a Texas in situ as sofa / as bed in the lounge saloon of a 50 footer. (although it wouldn't be so close to a lit stove as a bed!!) Back fits nicely under interior gunwale. Pictures from August 2011 and it still looks the same (although we are 'weekend boaters', not liveaboard)

I was wondering what to do about our tatty chairs. Your sofa bed would be ideal on my boat. May I ask where ya got it from?

I've said this before elsewhere so apologies if this is a repeat - have a look at: http://www.bensonsforbeds.co.uk/texas-sofa-bed- there's probably a branch near you. Not really amenable to a re-upholster but it looks good 'as is'. Because it makes up into a 6' by 4' flat bed it should go through your front doors. Look at the second photo and imagine it without the (screw-on) legs - it comes in a flat box so as long as you have a 4' height through the doors..... Also, there is enough space underneath to store any required bedding in those see-through vacuum bags. Nice and comfy and adaptable.

ps - very helpful delivery guys as well - carried it right to the boat on marina and came inside 'cos it was their first delivery to a narrow!

I too like the look of it..can the two halves be separated? Because I have not got four feet clearance through doors.

Cheers

Oops! - sorry for the delay folks - busy weekend.

Comfy - question - bit difficult to answer cos SWMBO is usually crashed out on it - but she seems happy enough! It's been there for a few years now with no sagging or discoloration. Nice and firm for sitting without being hard. Quite firm for lying on although that's all a matter of personal taste. The only way to judge really is to have a go on one. We are very happy with it and have slept on it a few times whilst rebuilding fixed bed/in the really cold.

Where question - bought from Bensons for beds - see link in earlier post #64. We actually sat on it / lay on it/ played with it and bought it in North Tyneside but it was delivered - as seems to be standard practice - from one of their warehouses (??Manchester-ish). Delivered on the day / at the time stated and right to the boat on L&L marina.

Separation question - no. It comes ready assembled, apart from the legs, in a box which is about 4' wide and 6' long but only about a foot deep/thick. Surprised if you haven't got 4' through the doors but you know your boat. It you look at the fourth pic on the Bensons site you can just about see the tubular steel subframe which sits under the seat when a sofa and also under about half of the backrest when this is hinged down to make a bed (although still well supported). But the seat/back are firmly hinged together and attached to the subframe.

We are well pleased with it - with all the independently hinged bits you can do all sorts with it. It uses a clic-clack mechanism so stays where you put it. Hope this helps.

[ps - anyone who goes for one. Make sure it is the right way when you put it in the boat cos it's a b@&&er to turn it round once it is assembled unless you have a 7 to 8 foot headroom!!]

Edited by Opener

Oops! - sorry for the delay folks - busy weekend.

[ps - anyone who goes for one. Make sure it is the right way when you put it in the boat cos it's a b@&&er to turn it round once it is assembled unless you have a 7 to 8 foot headroom!!]

Busy boating i hope!

Bluddy good advice there - cheers mate! cheers.gif

Another thumbs up for the quality of the Nabru range from me. I've 2 sofas and a chair in the hoose.

Bombproof, come flat-packed (so will go through any opening) and all components and individual cover sections are available as replacements. Comfy as well, I kip on the 3 seater sofa some nights if I'm not feeling well.

But, as pointed out by a couple of other people, they are quite a 'deep' lump of furniture at 3'3" (1m), so may compromise accessability a little onboard.

https://www.nabru.co.uk/?enableCABA&utm_expid=661452-46.kkpkVjKnSDS7OUhS2VoeMQ.1&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nabru.co.uk%2Fsofa-beds%3FenableCABA

• 1 month later...

Just resurrecting this old thread to post a pic of our new sofa - we went for Opener's "Bensons for Beds" jobbie... and i really can't recommend this sofa highly enough - comfy, robust, good company to deal with, good delivery blokes!

post-19662-0-70543700-1463057376_thumb.jpg

so if anyone's looking for a sofa for a narrowboat - this one not only fitted through the bow doors but went through the bedroom AND bathroom (rev. layout - walk thro bathroom) with minimal trauma..

http://www.bensonsforbeds.co.uk/texas-sofa-bed?variantSku=NISTEX001

biggrin.png

ETA No idea why every photo i post is on it's blimmin' side... frusty.gif

Edited by lampini