fridgemaster 12 volt fridge

bigcol

Featured Posts

Hi have see a nice fridge called a frigemaster on somones boat, and one just sold o Ebay.

Can anyone tell me where i can buy one, Ive trawed the internat to no avail.

Or if anyone knows of any bargains on any fridge at the moment please

waiting to pickup a bargain :lol:

Col

They seem to be mini fridges though :lol:

http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/fridge...mini-cooler.asp

We have a similar one for camping, 12v 24v and 240v around 30 quid. we'll use it in the winter on the boat instead of the full size 240 volt fridge, mainly for stuff you want to get your hands quickly like milk, other food can be stored in a locker in the the back cabin to keep chilled.

Hi have see a nice fridge called a frigemaster on somones boat, and one just sold o Ebay.

Col

Fridgemaster don't make12v fridges (only 240vac versions). They are converted to 12v by (and available from) Rangemaster Refrigeration on 01527 821132. My boat came fitted with one from new, 2 years ago, and so far the fridge has been totally trouble-free. It's a normal full-size one not a mini-frdge.

Chris

Fridgemaster don't make12v fridges (only 240vac versions). They are converted to 12v by (and available from) Rangemaster Refrigeration on 01527 821132. My boat came fitted with one from new, 2 years ago, and so far the fridge has been totally trouble-free. It's a normal full-size one not a mini-frdge.

Chris

:lol: many thanks chris :lol:

Im going to give them a ring this morning

Col

Chris

hi there all

Chris

tried the number and its unobtainable

any ideas!!!

please if anyone can help it be great

col

hi there all

Chris

any ideas!!!

col

They have a website here They belong to the Aga group. No phone number on the Rangemaster page, but the Aga page gives 0870789 6110

I had a look for 12v stuff, as I might be interested, but couldn't see anything.

Mac

hi there all

Chris

any ideas!!!

col

That fone number 01527 821132 is for:

RANGER REFRIGERATION LIMITED

Woolmere House

Droitwich Road

Hanbury

BROMSGROVE

B 60 4DD

They used? to do LEC carcass 12/24v Danfoss compressor fridges. My finally expired "kickstart" Ranger fridge was one of these.

They still seem to be about in some adverts, ie Limekiln.

All these 12v fridge people seem to use the flavour of the month carcass to modify. My new Shoreline is based on a Fridgidare carcass

Here's one of their fridges...

click here

It looks like the "Fridgemaster" logo on the door. They state in the spec, inter alia, that "average consumption 25amps in 24 hours at 12v". This is a nonsense statement. What they mean is that it consumes an average of 25AH over a 24 hour period.

Chris

Edited by chris w

That's interesting as i've got the 240v fridgemaster,

I wonder what would be involved in swapping to a 12v compressor and what power savings it would achieve?

Typically,a 240v fridge is around 25-30% less efficient than a 12v equivalent. About half of this is due to one's having to use an inverter to power the fridge when cruising and the rest is that 12v compressors are about 10-15% more efficient than 240v versions.

This decrease in efficiency means that you will have to run your engine for a whole hour more each day to recover the additional battery losses.

Chris

Col

There's an echo in here.

Col

Midland Chandlers had a Fridgemaster 12V fridge model FF167 in their Penkridge store last Tuesday.

Ambler

• 9 years later...
9 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

What 12v fans should I use as a fridgemaster freezer 12v and fridgemaster fridge 12v only thing not supplied but required to run them both ?

Do you mean fans are required to make them work? or that a fan us desirable to assist in shifting the heat from the evaporater,

Phil

• Greenie 1

21 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

What 12v fans should I use as a fridgemaster freezer 12v and fridgemaster fridge 12v only thing not supplied but required to run them both ?

Do you want to know the 2019 solution or what would have been the idea back in 2009 where you dug this thread up from? ;)

(Sorry,  I appear to be wearing my sarcastic hat at the moment, but fortunately I expect someone helpful will be along shortly!)  :rolleyes:

In the meantime, in the absence of a fridgemaster master, we'd need to know the answer to Phil's question above.

Anyway,  welcome aboard Dawnrazor - it seems you're on a bit of a steep learning curve right now, but stick with it and you'll get there. :)

For our old Fridgemaster 12 volt  fridge freezer (converted by Shoreline) I drilled several 50mm holes through the floor behind the fridge, mojnted 2 x 100 mm computer fans on a piece of ply the width of the fridge and about 150 mm wide and mounted this at 45° above the holes so that air was sucked from the bilge and blown over the compressor and the back of the fridge. I wired the fans in parallel so the run at half speed so quieter and connected them to the fan terminals on the control box.

1 minute ago, Dawnrazor said:

To work as units wont work without them attached.

This may complicate things as it sounds like there must be a sensor or a link in the fan connector to confirm that the fan is there if the units won't work at all without a fan attached.

10 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Do you want to know the 2019 solution or what would have been the idea back in 2009 where you dug this thread up from? ;)

(Sorry,  I appear to be wearing my sarcastic hat at the moment, but fortunately I expect someone helpful will be along shortly!)  :rolleyes:

In the meantime, in the absence of a fridgemaster master, we'd need to know the answer to Phil's question above.

Anyway,  welcome aboard Dawnrazor - it seems you're on a bit of a steep learning curve right now, but stick with it and you'll get there. :)

Probably not much different to original Fridgemaster question, I have spotted some on a certain Chandler site so probably will be a solution to my issue

Just now, Sea Dog said:

This may complicate things as it sounds like there must be a sensor or a link in the fan connector to confirm that the fan is there if the units won't work at all without a fan attached.

Yes there is some sensor on an internal circuit.

Just now, Dawnrazor said:

Probably not much different to original Fridgemaster question, I have spotted some on a certain Chandler site so probably will be a solution to my issue

Ah, that sounds promising.  Hopefully a fridgemaster master will be along shortly to confirm before you shell out your cash!

2 minutes ago, pearley said:

For our old Fridgemaster 12 volt  fridge freezer (converted by Shoreline) I drilled several 50mm holes through the floor behind the fridge, mojnted 2 x 100 mm computer fans on a piece of ply the width of the fridge and about 150 mm wide and mounted this at 45° above the holes so that air was sucked from the bilge and blown over the compressor and the back of the fridge. I wired the fans in parallel so the run at half speed so quieter and connected them to the fan terminals on the control box.

Sounds like a good option.  Cheers for that.

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

Ah, that sounds promising.  Hopefully a fridgemaster master will be along shortly to confirm before you shell out your cash!

I'm purchasing the fans today.  So hopefully will work when I wire it all up.

5 minutes ago, pearley said:

Parallel? Half speed?

Don't you mean series so they got six volts each?