Snow

Tam & Di

Featured Posts

Is this chucking it down with rain, or snow??!!

It is raining here at Cropredy - we had about an inch of snow late on Sunday evening and there was a thin covering of ice on the cut this morning but the rain is now washing it away . . .

Nic pics Dan - like the Landrover, just the job in this weather!

Yeah, shes my housemates. Very good little machine.

More suitable than the car i used yesderday.

dscn4930mod20zh2.jpg

The tyres on the rear are even better, as they are road-legal semi-slicks (minimum tread patern allowed by law) that are fast approaching there wear markers.

- If there was snow on the roads i would simply have to pull over a do something else. But for light snow on a warm and gritted a-road its just not even worth coaghing about.

There is a lot of Media hype going on, but the six inches of snow on my garden is not a Myth, and the Local Bus sliding all over the road, outside my house, this morning was not imagined.

I think it depends on where you are, we live quite high up, about six miles from Bath, and the roads are pretty dodgy all around the village. But my son who lives in the centre of Bath said that most of the roads there are just wet, and he has had no problems travelling to work in Bristol on the train.

A agree with this.

- Theres not been a day this week i would not have driven from here to almost any town anywhere.

- Indeed, although i had exams the day we had most snow, the next day it snowed we drove to burmingham, and yesdarday i drove to nantwich and back in the westfeild despight forcast snow, which then materialised. (see above)

The whole route was on aroads from leaving my drive on the loughborough ringroad, untill pulling into the drive of reaseheath collage for my grandads 80th.

There are country roads that are snowy, and for that, very slippy and not safe for a lot of people, many of which have never drive on snow before in there life.

But the city center schools that are shut 'due to heath and saftey conserns' is as far as im conserned, utter toss and bollocks.

- Even when i was at school (let along storys of 40years back) when it snowed, we went to school.

- Later on, people where given a note to have signed be a parent to allow you to play in the snow at break, but other than that, school as normal.

Daniel