Snow

Tam & Di

Featured Posts

There was a whole wadge recently about boating through ice. It's now snowing (in Twickenham, anyway) which makes me think of a more uncommon but magical thing where we would be boating with temperatures more or less zero but before ice formed. It would then snow heavily, and the snow would settle for a while on the surface, and as we boated through it would cause great sheets of snow to move around like ginormous prawn crackers. We're not on the boat at the moment, and anyway it's in France, but it sends shivers up the spine remembering the magical experience.

I've been out to collect kindling for the stove and nearly went arse over tit on the frozen path - not much snow yet but the wife who still ignores the forecast after being stuck in the 2003 M11 problem has cancelled consultation in Southend on Sea until further notice. I reckon not to much ice but quite a bit of snow.

Roger t' Bodger

Just ploughed through about 4 inch of the white stuff to get to work. Must be mad.

Its odd though how people living on the same side of the city to the office have phoned in to say they cant make it. But us looneys on the wrong side of the city have made it fine!

Uxbridge is snowy, but with a land rover you do not notice it !!!!

Unlike the twat in the PT Cruiser ..........

Chris

Im a bit upset with my Nissan/Datsun. Its too sensible in the snow. Not even a hint of getting stuck this morning. It is due to get worse this afternoon though. Hope it gets me home.

The Toyota Hilux does what it's say's on the tin. The journey into work was so quiet !!

5" to 7" here south of Reading - local roads not gritted ( or gritted enough) so barely passable to find out if the main roads have been - fortunately I don't have to venture out till this afternoon....

Nick

M1 j32-38 north & south not really happening.

Got men in Worcester but crane stuck somewhere else.

2 vans being dug out of snow at Leatherhead.

Birmingham sites shut.

Lincoln's a nightmare.

And I ain't going to Leeds cos' my Huskies are too cold!!!!!

All in all a waste of time today so I'll have to stay at home in the warm. :lol:

M1 j32-38 north & south not really happening.

Got men in Worcester but crane stuck somewhere else.

2 vans being dug out of snow at Leatherhead.

Birmingham sites shut.

Lincoln's a nightmare.

And I ain't going to Leeds cos' my Huskies are too cold!!!!!

All in all a waste of time today so I'll have to stay at home in the warm. :lol:

How come most people have got to w**k or at least are trying to get there. Apart from TEACHERS? Do they dissolve in snow? They announced on the local TV last night (BEFORE IT STARTED SNOWING) that most of the schools in this area (Mid Beds) would be closed!

How come most people have got to w**k or at least are trying to get there. Apart from TEACHERS? Do they dissolve in snow? They announced on the local TV last night (BEFORE IT STARTED SNOWING) that most of the schools in this area (Mid Beds) would be closed!

Probably 'elf an' safety.... if one had an accident en route, he / she (it ?) could probably sue someone for the shirt off their back, so perhaps they just don't want the hassle... Its not only teachers

Nick

On the drive back to lougbough last night it was snowing, non ha stuck at home (cheshire) but at times it was just starting to effect visabilty, and when i turned fof the end of the a50 onto the a6 there was clearly quite a bit settled. Had a slight exteriment with the car/trailer on the outside lade of a dualcarrage way section which had about 1-2inchs settled.

- This morning woke to about three inches. May take pictures later!

Daniel

Probably 'elf an' safety.... if one had an accident en route, he / she (it ?) could probably sue someone for the shirt off their back, so perhaps they just don't want the hassle...

Its not only teachers

Nick

It’s not? I agree it is not individual teachers who take the decision not to go to school. But why announce that most schools will be closed?

They did not say that all hospitals, offices, police stations and factories will be closed because it is going to snow. They could even give the crews of the gritting lorries a day/night :lol: off.

If it is based on H&S it a daft one as judging by the number of kids now playing in the roads around us!

Have about 4-5" in our marina, no way out (very hilly) for any 2 wheel drive vehicles.

Had appointment for job interview this morning.

Had to cancel.

Totally gutted. :lol:

Sorry to hear that Marc.............. and you ironed your best shirt too :lol: