IWA 2009 National Festival

Purple Fairie

Featured Posts

River Soar Navigation, August bank holiday.

Anyone going?

We thought we might have a pootle up there during the holiday, never been before as it's always clashed with other events.

What's it like?

We hope to go. The success or otherwise of the event will depend a great deal on the weather. That area is prone to serious flooding and water levels can change rapidly.

River Soar Navigation, August bank holiday.

Anyone going? Yes we are :lol:

We thought we might have a pootle up there during the holiday, never been before as it's always clashed with other events.

What's it like? It's a National so it will be raining and muddy :lol:

:lol: Smudge - being trusted :lol::lol:

Apparently so, they must be brave but i am realy looking forward to it as our boat is moored right at one end of the slea and our shop is at the other end in Sleaford. And we are starting to get things moving now as you should see in next months Canal Boat mag

Just sent forms back so should have mooring at the national,

Plans not made for this years boating yet.

- But there having been mooting of 'chesterfeild' in which case the national could fit in the return leg.

Failing that i might go by car depending on who else is going (and if i can sleep anywhere)

Daniel

• 1 month later...

Didn't notice this thread when I posted this elsewhere, may be of interest

extract quote

"....The good news is that the newly opened East Midland Parkway Mainline station is situated at the end of the lane from Redhill Marina (Aprrox 10-15 minutes walk) so access by train should be easy. 10-20 mins from Nottingham and 7 minutess from Loughborough...."

Details on the station can be found here

East Mdilands Parkway Station (From WikiPedia)

Hope this helps

• 4 months later...

We will be there but without the boat for 2 or 3 days helping with the Lancaster Canal Trust stand. Not sure where we're staying yet. I have a cousin who lives not to far away, or it might be a hotel close by. I suppose I ought to get something booked! :lol:

We will be there but without the boat for 2 or 3 days helping with the Lancaster Canal Trust stand. Not sure where we're staying yet. I have a cousin who lives not to far away, or it might be a hotel close by. I suppose I ought to get something booked! :lol:

Close by lol its in the middle of nowhere,no pubs, no shops

Was thinking of trying to get a crafty stall there, anyone know where i can get details and prices? Failing that i'll try getting boaty there.....failing that i'll go by brum brum bike!

Bon

Was thinking of trying to get a crafty stall there, anyone know where i can get details and prices? Failing that i'll try getting boaty there.....failing that i'll go by brum brum bike!

Bon

Bon

Ring 0844 800 6583 for info

Chris

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So, all you good boaters going to the IWA at the end of August............

There is a banter being held at Loughborough on the saturday night, based around the Swan in the Rushes pub........a most excellent hostellry for real ales, and a stunning whisky collection to boot!

By car it will take approx 15mins, but there are also good public transport connections to and from the IWA area and Loughborough. I assume the new train station by the site runs to Loughborough, and there are shuffle buses serving Loughborough and Castle Donnington airport that I believe run 24 hours a day. Redhill (IWA site) is just about en route. (Don't use public transport, so worth checking the transport out)

Come to that, a shared taxi wouldn't cost too much!

Come on down, watch the fish pie cup challenge, and lets have a great banter again at Loughborough!

There is a thread..........Leicester(shire) Beer, reprise' started by Smelly.

See you all there!

:lol:

Ally

• 2 weeks later...