Staffs and Worcester

Yamanx

Featured Posts

Going to be spending our two week holiday on the boat this summer (Just a few weeks to go!). I am planning on leaving Norbury and going south to Worcester or even Tewkesbury if time allows.

Some advice on this journey or an alternative around this area would be appreciated, once past Compton I'm in unchartered territory, at least for me.

Thanks

Hi yamanx,

You would have no problem with timing on that route.

Why not do the Stourport Ring? 2 weeks will more than cover it and you could have time to sightsee if you wished.

Stourport can get a bit busy at the weekends.

55 to 58 hours should do it.

Enjoy it,

Colin

Thanks for that reply, after some investigation and based on your reply we're going to do the stourport ring, well sort of.

We are starting at Norbury junction going to Worcester via Wolverhampton, Birmingham and returning via Kidderminster Stourport. A nice leisurely two week trip with some sight seeing and time off the boat. :rolleyes:

We are starting at Norbury junction going to Worcester via Wolverhampton, Birmingham and returning via Kidderminster Stourport. A nice leisurely two week trip with some sight seeing and time off the boat.  :rolleyes:

24465[/snapback]

We shall look out for you, Yamanx, if you're afloat in August as we're currently intending to head down from Nantwich and explore more of the Staffs & Worcs. We have crew problems again this summer, though we have more notice of the non-availability than we got last year (ever try finding replacements in ten days in peak holiday season??). So, we're going to take a gentle fortnight and leave Heartbreak Hill and the T&M alone.

Researching places of interest along the way, I've found the nuclear bunker at Hack Green which seems to be worth a couple of hours before a relished return to the Shroppie Fly for lunch.

Keep an eye out for the Pavarotti lookalike with an aircraft carrier hat on the helm!

(I maintain a suitable ale stock so you won't be thirsty if we meet!) :wacko:

gardencoaster

Don't forget you will need a water conservation key to operate 4 or 5 locks around Kidderminster. We came back on the Staffs and Worcs a couple of weeks ago (after a 12 week cruise) and luckily had one on board.

Hope you enjoy the trip

Bill

Hi Bill

What is a water conservation key, i have the tap key and the square holed T spanner is there a different one?

24764[/snapback]

The square holed one is known as, water coservation/anti-vandal key they are one of the same.Big-Thumbs-Up.gif

Ar yes i got it as a anti vandal key.

But i don't think it will stop them, it is not heavy enough :rolleyes:

What suprises me is the amount of boaters that dont have a water key, and the amount that do that dont lock it up after they have used it. :wacko:

Edited by Richard Bustens