Where the streets are paved with gold.........

goldtone

Featured Posts

So, I met a girl a few weeks back and just spent a week with her. She is lovely, fine, everything I've ever wanted, in fact I done got that squishy, think I'm falling in love feeling!!!

Thing is, she lives in South East London in a flat. I live in my boat around the Tring area. Kinda a long way to travel. So I'm thinking, if things go the way I plan it, I will want to be closer to her. I work 30 miles north of London, straight down the M1, so reckon North, North West or West London might be a good place to move the boat to.

My fear is this: I love the area I'm in at the moment, the relaxing views, the remoteness, the community around me, the peace and security. If I move to the big smoke can I still get this experience?

Any one live in the London area, moving around regular as I do? How is it for parking, access? Is there a real boating community spirit as there is here?

If you want to reply privately, avoiding the wrath of those less sympathetic to us more itinerant members of our lovely, all inclusive waterways then please PM me :lol:

yours in love and boating kindness......

Cupid's latest victim!

So, I met a girl a few weeks back and just spent a week with her. She is lovely, fine, everything I've ever wanted, in fact I done got that squishy, think I'm falling in love feeling!!!

Ah!!,,,,,,,,,,, that's the 'jokey' bit over :lol:

Thing is, she lives in South East London in a flat. I live in my boat around the Tring area. Kinda a long way to travel. So I'm thinking, if things go the way I plan it, I will want to be closer to her. I work 30 miles north of London, straight down the M1, so reckon North, North West or West London might be a good place to move the boat to.

Too many 'I' in that should be we. I lived 30 miles from my now wife at weekends and 120 during the week and we still managed a relationship.

My fear is this: I love the area I'm in at the moment, the relaxing views, the remoteness, the community around me, the peace and security. If I move to the big smoke can I still get this experience?

I don't know but if you are more worried about where you live than the person you are (might be) living with, something is wrong.

Any one live in the London area, moving around regular as I do? How is it for parking, access? Is there a real boating community spirit as there is here?

Parking in London you must be joking. Access, lots of public transport.

If you want to reply privately, avoiding the wrath of those less sympathetic to us more itinerant members of our lovely, all inclusive waterways then please PM me :lol:

Cupid's latest victim!

Yours sincerely

Cynical old codger :lol:

She met me as I had a banjo in my hand, so I got that one over and done with straight away!!

WE are not talking about moving in together. I'm just thinking about making it easier for US to meet. She is more than happy to come to me where I am, and I am happy to trudge across London to her, but having a moveable home means that I have an added option! Easier for me to move than her as I am not on a permanent mooring.

....anyway, not being on her doorstep maybe a good thing....

If there's space there, Uxbridge isn't too bad a place. Even though our very own Baldock is there[*], it still has that same feeling of remoteness that Tring/Cowroast/Berkhampstead/Marsworth has but with the advantage that you're not too far away from the Tube or, for them as has cars, the motorway connections.

Were I to decide to move back down south Uxbridge would be a good second choice for me - second only after the Tring/Cowroast/Berkhampstead area (not Marsworth. Pretty and nice area, but the lack of even basic shops puts me off.)

--

[*] :lol:

Cupid's latest victim!

Wait and see...................

I'd wait a few months and see if the novelty wears off.

Do you think she's seeing the relationship the same way?

Being apart might make the "heart grow fonder" for both of you.

If all's going well in a few months give it a whirl then but meanwhile give yourself as much room to manouvre as possible.

Well, you did ask!

Have you told her you play the banjo, yet?

When I was a Student, I found that being the banjo player during an impromptu folk session down the pub, usually resulted with the prettiest girl sitting next to me.

Don't think it would work now though.

So many cynics.....am i the last true romantic left in the 21st century?!!!!

Remember.....It is my element of realism that made me post such a thread, so I was asking for facts, not opinions.

Thank you, in love, light and brotherhood,

The wobbly hearted boater floating on cloud 9!

Give it more time. Your friendship/relationship must go through a few phases before you know if its real. If you rush it, you could ruin a great thing. Don't want to do that do you? If you give too much too soon it will throw off the balance. She needs to make some effort too. If you end up even half as happy as Lisa and I you will be a lucky man. It takes a special lady to live on a boat. Let it grow on her.

You don't have to go as far in as Uxbridge even though being near to Baldock would be fun! :lol:

You could alway head down towards Hemmel. Boxmoor is quite nice and has good rail access to London where you can change to go to SE London fairly easily.

My 75 year old Mum does the trip quite often to visit us.

Good luck with the romance! :lol:

M

Edited by Mrs Strads