Should ducks be banned from quacking between the hours of 8pm and 8am?

Pretty Funked Up

Featured Posts

What is wrong with canal boaters these days?

I've never heard such whining load of old rubbish anywhere else!

that said... It does keep one entertained :lol:

They dont all quack, females sqeek would they be part of the ban or are they free to make noise.

Well I've heard it said that a duck's quack doesn't echo, but a randy duck, sat on the cavitation plate of a butty with very little in it certainly, errr reverberates, especially at 5am.

So glad I've got a counter these days! (and a weed hatch too!).

Don't ban 'em though

Drat, you beat me to it!

Our local ducks all go "wak wak wak" regardless of gender. It is the ducklings which go "sqeek", though the more literate ones go "squeek" to prove that they're posh. But all these pale into insignificance compared with our security moorhen which raises Cain whenever anything apart from itself moves. The poor thing always looks so worried, too.

Nasty stuff is antifouling.

Poisonous to the marine environment

Nah modern antifoul paints are less harmful. We use the erdoing ones which just shed some paint every so often. It is a pain though as it starts to look tatty and faded very quickly.

Never mind the ducks what about the swans committing GBH when i am working in the engine room and bite you on the rse 155.gif

Any ducks found quacking round my boat in the next few weeks had better watch out - I fancy a change from turkey this year!

yes it interfere with the listening to the vintage engines sounds and the enjoyment of loud pop music and drunken arguments allegedly :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Nasty stuff is antifouling.

Poisonous to the marine environment

Another fallacy, narrowboating has a few. Mine is in black antfoul, been on a year, I use it on the hull above and below the waterline so looks like ordinary blacking above waterline. As far as I can see through the water only small amounts have rubbed off, there is no week growth I can see except where it has worn off in a few places, what you get is a thin layer of mud below the water line, on the rudder etc this will wash off if you can be bothered to brush it off as far as you can reach

Charles

Is whining about boaters whining, still whining? :lol:

Edited by churchward

Never mind the ducks what about the swans committing GBH when i am working in the engine room and bite you on the rse 155.gif

Yer what is it with those swans??

I think they think were all gingerbread 'people' or at least something edible :lol:

Maybe we should try and ban all wildlife between those hours (or should that be wildtimes?) :lol:

Edited by Pretty Funked Up

No more than six quacks per bird, per hour, during the hours of darkness.

All Canada Geese to be shot when they stop being cute fluffy yellow things that go cheep or when the average excretion reaches a size larger than a 5p piece, whichever is earlier.

And definitely no fowl gangbangs against my hull at dawn!

Seems perfectly reasonable to me. Shall we get BW to introduce a new regulation covering this? Or should they carry out a full consultation with all waterway user groups first?