Licence fees to be reduced

GUMPY

Featured Posts

Not this year they wont be!

If I just heard the badger corectly VAT is reduced from November 2009 to december 2010.

What use is that?

According to the BBC website, VAT is cut starting next Monday till the end of next year.

It will be paid for by raising alcohol, tobacco and petrol prices.

Edited by DaveandDebby

Not this year they wont be!

If I just heard the badger corectly VAT is reduced from November 2009 to december 2010.

What use is that?

From next Monday.

Unfortunately, fuel (so that'll be red diesel for propulsion) and alcohol duty are to rise to compensate.

Edited to add: daveanddebby beat me to it!

Edited by Dominic M

According to the BBC website, VAT is cut starting next Monday till the end of next year.

Was sure he said dec 1 2009 never mind teach me to be hasty.

0.5% on NI wipes out the personal allowannce increase........

I don't quite see how BW are "getting it right". If the rate of VAT falls then BW will have to fall into line. The fees will not be reduced, just the duty on those fees.

Of course, credit where credit's due. If BW correctly calculate the new amount to charge, for the licence, then I will be pleasantly surprised.

Although, one thing we've got to be aware of is BW's reliance on the Boater's "willingness to pay".

They might just offset the 2.5% drop in VAT with a further 2.5% increase in the licence fee.

I have just paid my fees ( just my luck) but as they are for a full year then am I due a rebate as part of the year I have paid for will only attract 15% It must be elegal to charge 17.5% for the remaing 10 months if only 15% is the offical rate.

Doubt I will see the saving passed on but just adding to the debate

Rooster

I have just paid my fees ( just my luck) but as they are for a full year then am I due a rebate as part of the year I have paid for will only attract 15% It must be elegal to charge 17.5% for the remaing 10 months if only 15% is the offical rate.

Doubt I will see the saving passed on but just adding to the debate

Rooster

Sorry, but wrong!

VAT is payable at the rate in force at the "Tax Point" (being the date of invoice, or of payment if no prior invoice is raised).

The good news is that you will benefit for the whole year at 15% on your NEXT renewal.

Well I'm getting a year's FREE licence from BW in January.

I filled out one of their a customer surveys about a year ago and they called me last February to tell me I'd won first prize!

That's not a bad reduction. I've suddenly become a big fan of BW :lol:

Lucky you! Read the small print BEFORE you take it up!