tiller arm thing

jojoknitter

Featured Posts

morning

i have no tiller arm on my boat ( just bought the boat )....we are becomming constant cruisers and will obvioulsy need one. I assume that s what that bit is called.....the bit you steer the boat with.... but we do have the bit coming up out of the deck .

I have tried finding a supplier on the internet - does sanyone know where I can find one on Oxford area reletavly cheaply??

:lol:

Have you had a good look around the boat? Most of us take them off at night to stop them getting pinched and it may be stored somewhere. :lol:

The boat next to ours had been up for sale at the marina, and was already under offer, awaiting survey when the current owner lent it out to a bunch of mates for the weekend.

We encountered them causing various chaos down Marsworth locks, before deciding to call it a day.

When we passed they had tied to the piling at one end, and were busy attacking the brass tiller bar with a lump hammer ramming it into the towpath like a scaffold pole to secure the other end.

I have always assumed one of the things the new owners found on their "unexpected purchase" list was a new tiller bar.

If the top of the steel swan neck is at the right height then a normal straight one (of the right length) should be OK. On my boat the top section of the swan nexk is no horizontal so the bass tiller has a bend in it to bring the end down to the right height.

Nick