Scarisbrick Marina

linda1111

Featured Posts

• 2 weeks later...
Yes opposite

Well, gaggle's linky mentions "Hitler's Wharf" and personally I'd heard HMP Rufford. Shocking really... A mouse told me that most of the residential moorers moved across the way from Fettler's to St Mary's as soon as it opened... I wonder why?

What was more shocking was the proprietor of bothScarisbrick and Fettler's, having had a lovely wide beam built for himself on site, launched it at Fettler's only to find that the water wasn't deep enough to get it out of the marina onto the cut, oh how we tittered! :lol:

Am I allowed to say Caveat Emptor?

However if you need somewhere to stick a boat 48 or 50 weeks a year it'll be ideal.

Edited by Smelly

Well, gaggle's linky mentions "Hitler's Wharf" and personally I'd heard HMP Rufford. Shocking really... A mouse told me that most of the residential moorers moved across the way from Fettler's to St Mary's as soon as it opened... I wonder why?

What was more shocking was the proprietor of bothScarisbrick and Fettler's, having had a lovely wide beam built for himself on site, launched it at Fettler's only to find that the water wasn't deep enough to get it out of the marina onto the cut, oh how we tittered! :lol:

Am I allowed to say Caveat Emptor?

However if you need somewhere to stick a boat 48 or 50 weeks a year it'll be ideal.

Two years back I went to visit a boat at Fettlers and the way back past ther boats I was accosted by an unpleaseant gentlemen that interogated me why I was on the marina, I explained I was visiting etc and he wanted to know who why etc, this took me back somewhat and the above post explains a lot

This year we went down the branch as far as the marina and what stuck me what a pain it was to get to and from the main line with so many locks, not a place I would chose still you pays your money and takes your choice, it proably suits those who dont use their boats much

Charles

Two years back I went to visit a boat at Fettlers and the way back past ther boats I was accosted by an unpleaseant gentlemen that interogated me why I was on the marina, I explained I was visiting etc and he wanted to know who why etc, this took me back somewhat and the above post explains a lot

This year we went down the branch as far as the marina and what stuck me what a pain it was to get to and from the main line with so many locks, not a place I would chose still you pays your money and takes your choice, it proably suits those who dont use their boats much

Charles

We have a boat on the marina at Rufford and its quite nice to know that someone is looking after the marina and its boats there especially when there are so many dodgy people knocking about and to the comment of his widebeam is too big for the canal, I happened to be here when it came down the canal from Tarleton there seemed to be enough water then !

We have a boat on the marina at Rufford and its quite nice to know that someone is looking after the marina and its boats there especially when there are so many dodgy people knocking about and to the comment of his widebeam is too big for the canal, I happened to be here when it came down the canal from Tarleton there seemed to be enough water then !

tilly was it compulsory for the inmates to attend the arrival from tarleton. :lol::lol:

• 9 months later...

Charles

A few weeks ago my Husband & I probably encountered the same unpleasant 'Gentleman'. We have friends who live in Southport and earlier this year enquired at Scarisbrick Marina if it was possible to stay for a couple of nights or so. No problem, turn up when ready, £9 per night. A few weeks ago we turned up and were met by this individual who very rudely informed us that we must book 14 days in advance as it takes them that long to do the paperwork - what paperwork I ask they only need your BW number and boat name, if that - also we had not paid a depost - so what, we would pay now -

and to top it all he expects people to stay for a minimum of 14 nights!!! So needless to say we were happy to leave. We then remembered that prior to us getting our boat we had enquired about a mooring at Fettlers Wharf (Hitlers is probably more apt), and when we explained that we would be live aboard and a motorhome would be our only form of transport we were told that motorhomes were not accepted, they are a blot on the landscape, naturnally we looked elsewhere. We have since found a wonderful marina where everyone is very friendly and helpful and it is far nicer and more beautiful that Scarisbrick and Fettlers put together can every be. All I can say is that the 'gentleman' we encountered, whether he be the owner or manager needs to go and learn some customer relationship and business skills. Scarisbrick has over 200 mooring, most of which are vacant, revenue is revenue no matter how large or small the amount.