mushroom pickers

boaterbear

Featured Posts

i am travellig on the Calder & Hebble Nivigation at the moment was at Sowerby Bridge and went for a run to Salterhebble for the night was talking to a fellow boater who said watch where you are mooring as someone has a likeing for mushroom vents for scrap on my return to the waterpoint at Salterhebble top lock i saw a boat who had been a victim of this theif leaving the boat with no protection to the rain through the vents .

KEEP AN EYE ON YOUR MUSHROOM VENTS

Well advised to run an additional nut onto the back of the thread to prevent this. Or atlease, make nexts doors easier.

You can but them in a bag for a few quid, we have two run onto the shaft, screw the mushroom on, and then just enough thread for a final holding nut put on from inside.

Daniel

i am travellig on the Calder & Hebble Nivigation at the moment was at Sowerby Bridge and went for a run to Salterhebble for the night was talking to a fellow boater who said watch where you are mooring as someone has a likeing for mushroom vents for scrap on my return to the waterpoint at Salterhebble top lock i saw a boat who had been a victim of this theif leaving the boat with no protection to the rain through the vents .

KEEP AN EYE ON YOUR MUSHROOM VENTS

We picked up a similar cautionary warning on our summer trip. Apparently there have been a few boats around Rugeley that have lost mushrooms (and several being drained dry of diesel - we personally met 3 boats that had lost diesel). Seems those after mushrooms may not bother unscrewing them - preferring to bash them off with a heavy implement.

I was talking to Dom Cole of Colecraft about such incidents and he says the biggest problem they have come across (in having to repair the damaged boats) was the use of battery-powered tools (cutters).

What a sad society we live in these days....

Cheers

Will

Ah well, if there bashing them off, i guess it doesnt matter how there on does it! Silly buggers.

- As you say, its a sad state of afairs.

Sader still that scrap man are happy to weight in two bags full of brass vents with sheared of attachments, without asking questions all calling the fuzz.

Daniel