All natural bath time goodies!

Tribalmaya

Featured Posts

SSShhh Bagpuss might be listening and I'll never hear the end of it.

My wallet ducks whenever we walk past their Brum branch. :lol:

Too late, she's spotted it... Christmas presents...?

Are Lush Bath Bombs the same as depth charges, btw?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by Bagpuss

could have done one of the others but you may get a lot of marriage proposals :lol:

But if its not Tribalmaya in Post#30.....

Anyone have her number ?

(Although it might be in that BW database thingy I suppose.....Hey, at last, a positive use for it - a dating agency ! - that could fill up BWs coffers - "like the boat, wanna meet the owner ?")

Nb// Now we're all intrigued at the thought of what the 'other' photos might show ?

Ahem...errr... :lol: .....no, no, no, that was not my meaning at all........

......as if the very thought...... !

.....It was just such a langorously idyllic day....

' EAU DE BITCHUMIN&MUSSELS '

Available in all good boat yards across Briton now!

I've rarely seen soap products with more additives than those made by lush. As an amature soap maker I can tell you all that MOST of the ingredients of lush's stuff are very, very unnatural. Soap is an ingredient in itself, a natural soap will have nothing in it but SOAP (sodium stearate), water and ....... well, nothing else. All of those strong smells and bright colours of lush's stuff are created by ADDED CHEMICALS, many of which are not good for your skin or the environment.

I've rarely seen soap products with more additives than those made by lush. As an amature soap maker I can tell you all that MOST of the ingredients of lush's stuff are very, very unnatural. Soap is an ingredient in itself, a natural soap will have nothing in it but SOAP (sodium stearate), water and ....... well, nothing else. All of those strong smells and bright colours of lush's stuff are created by ADDED CHEMICALS, many of which are not good for your skin or the environment.

I wholeheartedly agree Boatgypsy and I am a full time soapmaker, have been for 11 years, I wouldn't touch most of the stuff they use!!!!

Ally P.

http://www.bellinghamsoapcompany.co.uk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I had to buy a range of toiletries for my eco warrior son - who refuses to take care of his red bristly scruffy self. So off I went to Boots, After explaining to the lovly lady there at the origins counter. explained that he is a vegan buddist recycle freak who will not even get into a car let alone drive, you know the type....hand knitted shoes and slouchy beanies.

Well she introduced me to this range which is:

Organic

animal product free(with the exception of organic bees wax)

animal testing free

ingredients are animal testing free

products in fully recyclable and recycled containers

produced locally

Brought in by biker, not by truck.

and for every package and lable they have to cut a tree down for, they plant 4

I just dont know how much more eco friendly you can get than this - if he does not like this stuff I will personally scrub him with wrights coal tar

Can you remember what the range was called?

I just dont know how much more eco friendly you can get than this - if he does not like this stuff I will personally scrub him with wrights coal tar

Which doesn't contain any coal tar any more, which is a real shame because it is the true boatie boy's soap.

O well i'll just have to go and roll in the real thing.

Which doesn't contain any coal tar any more, which is a real shame because it is the true boatie boy's soap.

O well i'll just have to go and roll in the real thing.

There was a EU cosmetic directive a while back that banned the use of coal tar in non prescription products...if you want CT soap you will have to get it from the docs!

Allyson xxxx

Edited by allybsc

There was a EU cosmetic directive a while back that banned the use of coal tar in non prescription products...if you want CT soap you will have to get it from the docs!

Allyson xxxx

If I send you some coal tar (the real thing) will you make me some coal tar soap (I won't tell the EU if you don't)

Dr Pink.

If you want natural soap, look up Soapnuts, they have all kinds of uses, from a washing powder replacement, to shampoo... :lol:

They're easy to use, but being 100% natural (they are the husk of a nut), the liquid made from them can go off quickly, but keeping it in the fridge can help make it last longer... :lol:

To use as a replacement for washing powder, just take a small handful and place in a sock or net and put in the washing machine, and run as per the normal cycle (needs to be 40 degrees, both to kill bacteria and to activate the Saponin in the husks), then remove or refill the machine with another load, you should get between 4-6 uses out of them, add essential oils to the drawer to add a nice smell if you really want smelly clothes.

To make soap liquid, pop a handful into a pan of water, then boil them for 10 minutes, strain out the husks and boil some more until it becomes a thickish liquid, then bottle and use as per necessary, you can use it as washing up liquid, floor cleaner, bathroom cleaner, shampoo, hand soap, just try not to get it in your mouth or you'll be gagging from it's awful taste!!! :lol:

As for the used husks, they are biodegradable, so dispose as you would with kitchen & garden waste (green bin or compost bin). The used liquid from the husks is safe for disposal in waterways, being only natural Saponin, so is perfect for use on the canals... :lol:

More info here aswell as Soapnut sales:

http://www.inasoapnutshell.com/

Edited by twocvbloke