Our old friend

PaulG

Featured Posts

Ever wonder what became of our old friend Mr. Gardiner?

A third member of the government has left their job after joining a list of MPs calling for a leadership challenge.

Mr Brown's spokesman said on Monday: "Barry Gardiner is no longer the prime minister's special representative on forestry matters. That happened by mutual consent over the weekend."

Mr Gardiner had accused Mr Brown at the weekend of "vacillation, loss of international credibility and timorous political manoeuvres that the public cannot understand". Ooooooh! :lol:

Pot, calling, black, kettle, the - arrange in the order of your choice.

If he was in charge of "forestry matters" I'm surprised there are any trees left. Assuming he could actually recognise a tree, of course, 'cos when he was Waterways Minister, I don't think he waould have recognised a waterway even if he had fallen in one.

Full story here

Ever wonder what became of our old friend Mr. Gardiner?

A third member of the government has left their job after joining a list of MPs calling for a leadership challenge.

Mr Brown's spokesman said on Monday: "Barry Gardiner is no longer the prime minister's special representative on forestry matters. That happened by mutual consent over the weekend."

Mr Gardiner had accused Mr Brown at the weekend of "vacillation, loss of international credibility and timorous political manoeuvres that the public cannot understand". Ooooooh! :lol:

Pot, calling, black, kettle, the - arrange in the order of your choice.

If he was in charge of "forestry matters" I'm surprised there are any trees left. Assuming he could actually recognise a tree, of course, 'cos when he was Waterways Minister, I don't think he would have recognised a waterway even if he had fallen in one.

Full story here

Yeah, I was just reading about that. Gardiner was the Minster who accepted the 45,000 signature SOW petition and he gave us a 45 minute audience in return. He didn't last much longer though but at least the protests appear to have had some influence a few others.

In my personal view Gardiner was only doing what his boss (Miliband) told him and other ministers within Defra to do - across the board cuts to cover up the disaster of farm subsidies. Gardiner lost that ministerial post as a result and now a second job - and where is Mr Miliband?

But that's another subject....

Cheers

Will