blackpowder guns on Narrowboats is it poss

doc1864

Featured Posts

Your a bit of a T**t aint you :lol:

In view of recent depressing trends on the forum, are we now so desperate to abuse other members that we have to find posts that are over a year old as an excuse ?

For f***s sake, people - enough, surely ?

In view of recent depressing trends on the forum, are we now so desperate to abuse other members that we have to find posts that are over a year old as an excuse ?

For f***s sake, people - enough, surely ?

Hehe, I didn't even look at the date. I saw this thread appear at the top and read it. I did wonder at one point how it had managed to get so big without me seeing it (as my wife often wonders :lol: ).

Would there be any sense in the mods closing threads that, say, hadn't been added to in 6 months to prevent this sort of dredging?

Edited by Matthew Knowles

Hehe, I didn't even look at the date. I saw this thread appear at the top and read it. I did wonder at one point how it had managed to get so big without me seeing it (as my wife often wonders :lol: ).

Would there be any sense in the mods closing threads that, say, hadn't been added to in 6 months to prevent this sort of dredging?

That is one argument, but equally old threads do get added to after a while when people have been on holiday, or learnt something new on a subject. It is very rare for someone to go looking for a fight in an old thread.

Richard

All this talk of guns on narrowboats puts me in mind of the episode of dads army when the delivery truck had portholes cut in the side and the guns were poked thru them on demand. perhaps we could have some vigilanty groups touring the network in a fully portholed boat armed with cannons to see off the poor souls who are in the most despised category of the day be it dog owner cyclist fisherman jogger or whom ever someone fancies berating at the time, heaven knows i fall into most of those groups at sometime as we probably all do... :lol:

It is a light hearted suggestion please wipe any thoughts of such schemes from your heads within ten seconds of reading this

Stuart

All this talk of guns on narrowboats puts me in mind of the episode of dads army when the delivery truck had portholes cut in the side and the guns were poked thru them on demand. perhaps we could have some vigilanty groups touring the network in a fully portholed boat armed with cannons to see off the poor souls who are in the most despised category of the day be it dog owner cyclist fisherman jogger or whom ever someone fancies berating at the time, heaven knows i fall into most of those groups at sometime as we probably all do... :lol:

It is a light hearted suggestion please wipe any thoughts of such schemes from your heads within ten seconds of reading this

Stuart

10 seconds of heaven for some then :lol: