Naming and Shaming - Angel Canal Festival

Clydebuilt

Featured Posts

While volunteering my services at the Angel Canal Festival last week I overheard a well-known BW employee exclaim in an 'On The Buses' Blakey type voice "I shall be naming and shaming today!"

I wondered whether anyone was in fact 'named' and/or 'shamed' as I was otherwise engaged. My interest stems from the fact that the individual concerned is noted for his enthusiasm. I wondered whether such enthusiasm includes the provisions of the Data Protection Act.

Anybody at the festival hear anyone 'named' or 'shamed'? I'd be fascinated to know.

While volunteering my services at the Angel Canal Festival last week I overheard a well-known BW employee exclaim in an 'On The Buses' Blakey type voice "I shall be naming and shaming today!"

I wondered whether anyone was in fact 'named' and/or 'shamed' as I was otherwise engaged. My interest stems from the fact that the individual concerned is noted for his enthusiasm. I wondered whether such enthusiasm includes the provisions of the Data Protection Act.

Anybody at the festival hear anyone 'named' or 'shamed'? I'd be fascinated to know.

are you sure he wasn't having a personal conversation about his mother in laws visit this morning and how his wife hadn't cleared up and he had?

Can I tempt you to name and shame the BW employee concerned? :lol: Fair's fair.

Believe me I would dearly love to! As it is, I'm much more aware of the law than he probably is and I wouldn't be doing myself, or the forum, any favours by doing so. Such a 'naming and shaming' on my part would not be public. I'd confine it instead to a Police incident form. Rules is rules. But then I'm sure it's all hypothetical and no 'naming and shaming' of any boater took place. :lol: