canal boats up the mersey

gaggle

Featured Posts

radio merseyside today had a mersey pilot discussing the narrow boat movement from langton dock in bootle along the river mersey to the liver building,18 boats are booked in to do the trip to date.volunteers from the mersey pilots will accompany the boats for the journey,i hope to get pics of boats at stanley dock locks.i heard a bit about boats from ellesmere port,shropshire union and llangollem would at one time make the trip across the river but i cant say if any are comig over from ellesmere for this years river festival.

once again i urge people to GET DOWN TO LIVERPOOL FOR THIS FESTIVAL.

GAGGLE

13albertdock.jpg

the propellor is off the lusitiania, canal boats in the background have come along the mersey from leeds & liverpool canal.wrote scraps of info i.e.when the ship was sunk and stuff on paper wrappers ,then i put them in the litter bin -DOH

12albertdock.jpg

bandit through the lock gate which by the way sinks down below the water when opened.run out of film space before tide turned and it had to be lifted

sorry if pic posted twice is not edited out yet,i am a learner. :D

25albertdock.jpg

glaciere.1899 baltic trader--www.glaciere.co.uk for more.another thread said british waterways dont get involved in community projects,i have seen banner with bw logo across this boat some involvment but i have not seen site to check it out.there is far to much to see and do at the albert dock.more later.

28albertdock.jpg

busker for lifeboat funds strumming away on the banjo,sea shanty,s are the order of the day.i fancy my chances with you,i fancy my chances with you,i fancy me chances i fancy me chances i fancy me chances with you, i,ll meet you down at the lock and put me hand up your frock,i fancy me chances i fancy me chances i fancy me chances with you. let it be album for the tune..i keep saying this

GET DOWN TO LIVERPOOL FOR THIS RIVER FESTIVAL-ITS PARTY TIME

i have not got a clue where the lady came from blocked out lifeboat logo

Edited by gaggle

29albertdock.jpg

someone looks glad to have a sit down.

this is the end of boat arrivals.i have enjoyed taking the pics hope you enjoy looking at them.further posts in following days from

THE COUNTRY,S BIGGEST FREE MARITIME FESTIVAL ."AGAIN"