Where did you get the cash for your narrowboat exactly?

Pennyless Too

Featured Posts

I bought mine for a tenner at a boot sale, sir :lol:

British Waterways are becoming increasingly concerned at the number of cheap, counterfeit narrowboats being sold at car boot sales and passed off as genuine.

"Call me a saint, call me a sinner, they may be washers, that's why it's a tenner!"

Thanks for all these genuine answers folks ..

Looks like I was dead wrong that the 'majority' of boat owners were baby boomers enjoying the fruits of cheap houses and property explosions in later years ..

Suprising number of folk citing damn hard toil and relentless saving, still more loans and mortgages (a little hairy for me but meritable!) and even theft. Impressive.

Seriously though, thanks a lot for sharing .. keep it coming!

Maybe you could have a go at those - might change your perceptions.

SteveE

The best advice I can give will be very difficult for young lads trying to impress the ladies, to follow, keep away from fancy cars, Cars are the biggest money losers on earth, they have heavy running costs for youngsters as well.

this is the modern age you know, it isn't just girlfriends who can cook.

Just as well really, or we men would starve.

Your egg sarnies are a joy to behold :lol: .... and eat (even if the plate is mouldy)

I bought mine cos the 'ex said I could. I think she's hoping that I sail off in to the sunset :lol:

The best advice I can give will be very difficult for young lads trying to impress the ladies, to follow, keep away from fancy cars, Cars are the biggest money losers on earth, they have heavy running costs for youngsters as well.

fab4ws_1140554596_r5gt2b.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)

Just as well really, or we men would starve.

Your egg sarnies are a joy to behold :) .... and eat (even if the plate is mouldy)

I bought mine cos the 'ex said I could. I think she's hoping that I sail off in to the sunset :o

will she buy me one if I promise to sail into the sunset?

fab4ws_1140554596_r5gt2b.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)

I just love the car dooooood. Fancy a drink sometime? ;)

Well, yes you have a point. But then - there are camshafts and high lift rockers and rimflow valves and torquemaster manifolds and HIF44s and K&Ns and negative camber kits and thicker anti-roll bars and adjustable dampers and all of those exciting smells and noises and LCBs and optical ignition and well everything! Don't think they impress the ladies but they keep me happy for days!

Richard

Just declared the value of my car today to renew the insurance - £2500. Only cost me £500 twenty something years ago...

Very true at a certain age - but then the time comes one buy's a classic to stash away in a lock up and use only very occasionally....appreciating nicely too with current demand..

cheeRS ;-)

Cars are the biggest money losers on earth, they have heavy running costs for youngsters as well.

Each year I renew my insurance, the agreed value of my cars goes up. Apart from the subaru which I am about to sell for more than I paid for it.

Like houses, and boats, for that matter. If you pick your purchases carefully you don't need to lose money on a car.

My insurance is less than £100 a year and the tax is free, btw.

Pity you have to put fuel in them.

Each year I renew my insurance, the agreed value of my cars goes up. Apart from the subaru which I am about to sell for more than I paid for it.

Like houses, and boats, for that matter. If you pick your purchases carefully you don't need to lose money on a car.

My insurance is less than £100 a year and the tax is free, btw.

Pity you have to put fuel in them.

So Carl is a chav then. Nice bling, mate.

Neither really,

Subaru Legacy estate, reflecting my descent into fatherhood and dog ownership.

Soon to be replaced by a Peugeot 406 because I should never have got rid of the last one.

No other car comes close on load capacity.

Does the word "they" which I've highlighted, refer to the cars or the ladies?