Personal Blogs

AlanJ

Featured Posts

Many people have their own blogs, some on CWF, many elsewhere (like Blogspot.com for example).

I know many put links to their blogs in their signatures, but is it worth having a property under personal profiles to have a link to that (in the same way you can provide your Instant Messenger address)?

Having this public would provide a simple way to be able to go to someones blog

I am thinking of the page under:

Your Control Panel -> Edit Profile Information

Just a thought...

Many people have their own blogs, some on CWF, many elsewhere (like Blogspot.com for example).

I know many put links to their blogs in their signatures, but is it worth having a property under personal profiles to have a link to that (in the same way you can provide your Instant Messenger address)?

Having this public would provide a simple way to be able to go to someones blog

I am thinking of the page under:

Your Control Panel -> Edit Profile Information

Just a thought...

it is under the personal statement bit. You can add a clicky

it is under the personal statement bit. You can add a clicky

I see there is a web-site link there (from the profile page, settings tab, then under personal statement) but some of us nerdy geeks have websites and blogs (not that I have listed either on here yet!).

If the website field is the intended location for a blog link, then fair enough...

• 2 weeks later...

As said, currently there one field for 'Your website url' , which might be a blog or otherwise. And you are allow one link/url to a personal site in your signature, which may or may not be the same url.

If there was enough demand it would be possable to add an additional field so we could have one for your website, one for your blog, however i would worry it would just be another empty feild nine times in ten? I just have a link to my blog from my website, with a link to that in both my profile and signature.

Cheers, Daniel.

Just to add to this, if you host your blog locally (ie on this site) then it shows on your profile by clicking on the 'Blog' tab in the main profile page.

I agree with Daniel, if you wish to add a link to a blog on your profile, you can link to an external website, you can also put it in your 'About Me' section too.

Jon