Firearms Police Arrest 4 on a narrow boat in Brentford

blackrose

Featured Posts

A police firearms unit arrested 4 people (2 men & 2 women) on a boat moored at Brentford today. Boat owners and residents of the flats overlooking the marina were prevented from entering or leaving Brentford Island for about two hours while the operation was conducted.

The people arrested were renting the boat and had already been involved in several anti-social incidents at the marina over the past couple of months including threats to other boaters and suspected drug dealing. The police were called by a resident of a flat overlooking the marina who noticed a loaded crossbow chained to the bow deck of the boat. The weapon had actually been there for several days and was also reported to BW. It was thought to have been left there in an attempt by the occupants to intimidate the boat's owner from evicting them.

I'm glad to say that I have just seen the boat being taken away by BW, so hopefully they will not be back and that's the end of the story.

A police firearms unit arrested 4 people (2 men & 2 women) on a boat moored at Brentford today. Boat owners and residents of the flats overlooking the marina were prevented from entering or leaving Brentford Island for about two hours while the operation was conducted.

The people arrested were renting the boat and had already been involved in several anti-social incidents at the marina over the past couple of months including threats to other boaters and suspected drug dealing. The police were called by a resident of a flat overlooking the marina who noticed a loaded crossbow chained to the bow deck of the boat. The weapon had actually been there for several days and was also reported to BW. It was thought to have been left there in an attempt by the occupants to intimidate the boat's owner from evicting them.

I'm glad to say that I have just seen the boat being taken away by BW, so hopefully they will not be back and that's the end of the story.

Well - - - I wouldn't pick a 'quarrel' with them!!! :lol:

Its a bit sad that it wouldve taken the MET about 2 days to set up this operation...everything has to have a risk assessment these days whereas back in the 80's, ....pc plod and sidekick wouldve just turned up and had a barney woithout fear of HSE

Its a bit sad that it wouldve taken the MET about 2 days to set up this operation...everything has to have a risk assessment these days whereas back in the 80's, ....pc plod and sidekick wouldve just turned up and had a barney woithout fear of HSE

The whole operation was a bit overkill, but as someone said to me yesterday, if they underplan and underman the raid and it goes wrong and someone gets killed or injured then they get heavily criticised & possibly prosecuted themselves. On the other hand if the planning is over the top but the end result is ok then that's all we can say about it. Also a fireman on the mooring said that the police know that their response may be OTT but they use such exercises as practice for bigger events.