It Happens Tomorrow

Tonyl

Featured Posts

It is finally going to happen tomorrow PM.

Boat going in at Crick Marina.

Could anyone tell me what it should reasonably cost to crane a 57 footer of a truck and plop it into the water.I believe the crane is already there !

Lets hope it stops up in the water.

Tony

Thanks Liam and Denboy.

I am absolutly S*** Scared. I know all I have to do is watch ,but I really am nervous about the whole thing.

What have we done ?

Will try and get photos, if I can hold the camers still enough

Regards

Tony

You'll be fine... I'm sure... there's loads of boats being launched and relaunched all the time :lol:

I am trying to not to say something off hand which may put "the wind up you" :lol:

Edited by Liam

Good luck tomorrow,.........it'll be fine! Scary, but fine! :lol:

Presuming you've had it built for you? Shouldn't the builder be paying as part of the build cost? If it's not yet been in the water, be ready to adjust ballast if needs be.........or make sure the builders there to do it for you!!!

Looking forward to the pics........aim & shoot even if you've got your eyes closed!

If you can't stop worrying,..........

have a few beers now!

have a few beers then!

have a few beers after!

get the crane to leave the slings under while you check it's watertight!!!

But it'll be fine......

Enjoy!! :lol: :lol:

Thanks everyone for the support.

I can see some of you have been through by your comments, as some of you described some of to a tee.

I have some good photos ( and a couple of issues I need to keep quiet on at the moment) which I will try and get on the Forum.

It went, not too bad, and I did have a few last night, and then slept on board .

Cheers everyone.

Tony

Tony

I take it you have them 'hosted' on the net by something like Photobucket.

If you have Photobucket (others will be similar, I expect) just copy the IMG code [image code] and past here.

2008_0412KandAnearBath0002.jpg

Edited by bottle

Sorry Keith,

you are way ahead of me here. The furthest I've got is they are of my camera, and onto my PC.

Sounds like a challenge ahead. Dont get me wrong, I am ofey with Pcs etc, but just have never had the need to show photos on forum/web before. Usualy it is an attachement etc I use, which I guess is a Windows/Microsoft thing.

Regards

Tony

Love the picture by the way Keith. When I was pottering around on Saturday morning, a full "gaggle" of Canada geese came by my new boat looking for tit bits. I just felt so privelidged. Much like your picture.

Tony

Thanks Stewey,

I looked at the link and rushed through it, not sure if the photos are formatted correctly,or even if it will work, but here goes.

Need to play with it a bit more. Let me know what went wrong.

Wont be around for a few days, not boating I am afraid, have to work to pay for it.

http://s330.photobucket.com/albums/l437/Tony_lit/

Tony

Great,

Looks like I will be able to play after all. Job change round so looks like I still wont be around ,but will be boating after all.

Dont go the GU Canal in the next few days by the way. Got to get the shine off that new boat. Should'nt be a problem I think.

Tony

Tony

Had a look at your link (photobucket) that is the easiest way to show a number of photo's, also saves some of Jon's (forum owner) bandwidth that he has to pay for.

By the way the boat looks great, hopefully you did not find any leaks.

Thanks Stewey,

I looked at the link and rushed through it, not sure if the photos are formatted correctly,or even if it will work, but here goes.

Need to play with it a bit more. Let me know what went wrong.

Wont be around for a few days, not boating I am afraid, have to work to pay for it.

http://s330.photobucket.com/albums/l437/Tony_lit/

Tony

Hi Tony

I like the pics.

We got back to Crick yesterday and added a third boat by the same builder to the row.

Hope to get back to Crick this week - see you there.

Maggie

Hi Tony

I like the pics.

We got back to Crick yesterday and added a third boat by the same builder to the row.

Hope to get back to Crick this week - see you there.

Maggie

Hi Maggie,

Lovely to hear from you. I looked for you on Launch Day, but I think you were out & about. Your boat is famous now, being on the Piper Booklet etc. Look forward to meeting you all soon. So funny how all 3 end up on the same finger at the same marina.

Regards

Tony & Sue.

Tony

Had a look at your link (photobucket) that is the easiest way to show a number of photo's, also saves some of Jon's (forum owner) bandwidth that he has to pay for.

By the way the boat looks great, hopefully you did not find any leaks.

Thanks Keith,

I looked again ,and see you can actually use the link as a Slideshow. I have a lot to learn about Photobucket, and a lot to learn about boating. Looking forward to both.

Standby for the questions, they are already building up.

Regards

Tony

Thanks Keith,

I looked again ,and see you can actually use the link as a Slideshow. I have a lot to learn about Photobucket, and a lot to learn about boating. Looking forward to both.

Standby for the questions, they are already building up.

Regards

Tony

Hi Tony

Great pictures and a beautiful looking boat. I hope the nerves are slowly starting to settle. I know I'm only a wannabe livaboard and as such lacking a lot of knowledge, but I could not see any anodes on the hull of your new boat. Are they positioned out of sight ?

Regards

Clivo

Hi Tony

Great pictures and a beautiful looking boat. I hope the nerves are slowly starting to settle. I know I'm only a wannabe livaboard and as such lacking a lot of knowledge, but I could not see any anodes on the hull of your new boat. Are they positioned out of sight ?

Regards

Clivo

Well spotted Clivo,

If you look at my post#12 on this article, I sort of mention "a couple of issues" I had, one of which was the Anodes missing. When I turned up on launch day, it was the first thing I noticed too. (being an amatuer and all that). Anyway, I dont want to be too hard on anyone, as mistakes do happen, and hopefully it was taken care of on Friday of this week.

This is where a good reputable builders comes good.

Thanks for the lovely comments about the boat. The nerves have not yet fully gone ,but we hope to get nerve free soon.

Still a lot to learn, but I have already met some lovely people, who always seem to be ready to help you.

Hope it happens for you soon.

Thanks again.

Tony