The Black Prince Owners Club...

Featured Posts

18 hours ago, tree monkey said:

I see her all the time, it's nice to have a break

:)

Hey!

18 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

Your a very brave man indeed!! ?

The number of times I've threatened to turn his monkey nads into earrings...

I need a new threat. Or maybe just to follow through on the previous one ?

Trouble is I've got 14 earring holes and only one pair of monkey nads... ?

• Greenie 1
  • Happy 2

• 1 month later...
On 21/05/2018 at 22:43, Patrick_C said:

The Black Prince Owners website seems to have gone offline about 2015 but you can still see an archived copy of it on the "wayback machine" here: https://web.archive.org/web/20140602064533/http://blackprinceowners.org.uk/latestupdates.html

Not all the links work - e.g to individual boat records and the stories about conversions - but there's a fair bit of the original info including registration numbers and original names, details of the different designs and so on.

Our boat is one of the 'experimental' (!) Duchess models from 2000 - when the characteristic roundy-rectangle windows first appeared.

Hi Sorry to reply 1 year on! I never saw this post and I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to forums!

So fantastic to see my boats number with it's original name! Do we know what happened to the photos or where they came from? It would be lovely to see it and add it to my archive. Do Black Prince themselves have any info?

Thanks,

Jamie

• 5 months later...

Elloooo and ow doo to me fellow BP owners.  I live on a 62ft 1997 black prince boat and love her muchly.  My problem is the disused poo tank ?? and if it's easy to cut it out?  

I've spoken to J Pinder, who made my boat, and they say the rank (tank, but maybe "rank" is apt!!) is integral part of the boat.  So is it structurally safe to remove the tank and do new flooring joists need to be welded in?? Orr, hopefully!, Is it not that bad and actually pretty straight forward to remove?

I've lived on her fir 5 yrs now and it's about time I used the space for something I want !!

Thanks muchos grassy for any information on this one.  

Edited by Suzi
Incorrect spelling

9 minutes ago, Suzi said:

Elloooo and ow doo to me fellow BP owners.  I live on a 62ft 1997 black prince boat and love her muchly.  My problem is the disused poo tank ?? and if it's easy to cut it out?  

I've spoken to J Pinder, who made my boat, and they say the rank (tank, but maybe "rank" is apt!!) is integral part of the boat.  So is it structurally safe to remove the tank and do new flooring joists need to be welded in?? Orr, hopefully!, Is it not that bad and actually pretty straight forward to remove?

I've lived on her fir 5 yrs now and it's about time I used the space for something I want !!

Thanks muchos grassy for any information on this one.  

Yes. The tank is steel and integral to the hull. My boat had two loo tanks when I bought it. I got a boat yard to cut out one of the tanks. They had to call in a surveyor once they had cut it down who advised them to put in additional ribs to support the hull structure where the tank had been. It all cost several grand. But once done, a new floor could be laid down in that cabin and I gained a room.

5 minutes ago, BlueStringPudding said:

Yes. The tank is steel and integral to the hull. My boat had two loo tanks when I bought it. I got a boat yard to cut out one of the tanks. They had to call in a surveyor once they had cut it down who advised them to put in additional ribs to support the hull structure where the tank had been. It all cost several grand. But once done, a new floor could be laid down in that cabin and I gained a room.

Thanks for your reply ?.  Sounds like I may need to look at other options before I decide which way to go then ...hmmmm.  I wonder if I just cut the top off and left the bottom whether that would affect her structural integrity..... flipping integral tanks..... grrrrr!!

Ooooh just spoken to my surveyor and it's ok to cut tank down to about 3 inches all round and leave the hull side about 6 inches....this creates a brace effect.  Most important but us check hull side fir pitting etc ...but I'm a happy bunny as partner can do this yayyyyy ??

• Greenie 1

5 hours ago, Suzi said:

...but I'm a happy bunny as partner can do this yayyyyy ??

Lucky partner - at least buy him a biohazard suit if you want to keep him (or her, is suppose in the enlightened world in which we now live!).

14 hours ago, alan_fincher said:

Lucky partner - at least buy him a biohazard suit if you want to keep him (or her, is suppose in the enlightened world in which we now live!).

Lol, I'll be there "in the thick of it" with him.... hopefully not too literally ???? sick buckets at the ready, lavender, smelling salts, masks, clothes pegs for nose etc.......Pmsl....pick axe coz it's probably gone hard after all these years....!!

His services, I hasten to add, were offered not imposed ?? so we'll suss it out between us....ewwwwww ??

14 hours ago, WotEver said:

An angle grinder with a steel cutting wheel, a jigsaw and a reciprocating saw will be your partner’s friends. I’ve never done it but I’ve smelled a man that has...

Lol lol Yes.....

7 hours ago, Boater Sam said:

Fill it with water and bio washing powder a month before starting, Flush it out and it will be quite pleasant to work in.

Nice one, thanks ? I've a feeling it may be solid after at least 7yrs?! But will definitely look at this option....

Just to add....the remnants in there may be solid I mean.....it's not full!!! ??

Edited by Suzi
More information added

I can never understand the dislike of working with raw sewage that posters on this forum show. Its probably biologically inert by now anyway. Desiccated it is just humus. 

As a plumber of too many seasons to recall I can think of many worse jobs than cutting a honey tank out. Its in a tank, gravity will keep it there whilst you vac it out.

A dose of Jeyes Fluid will kill any nasties and smells fine. Folk will happily clean up after a dog and that smells much more foul. Then they carry it around in a flimsy bag!

The really bad situations are when it is coming down from above, its not your own, and you can do nothing about it!

2 hours ago, Boater Sam said:

The really bad situations are when it is coming down from above, its not your own, and you can do nothing about it!

I think you have to pay a lot of money fir that kinda fun...?????????

• Horror 1