Leeds Waterbus Ceases Operation

Featured Posts

Shame but probably too progressive for the folks of Leeds who would rather pay £8 p/d to park but saving xx minues p/d on their daily commute.

I also think it is a shame but realistically I would have been surprised it it had been a success. A £2 charge for a half-mile journey? It would be quicker for most people to walk, especially as the boat doesn't take them right from where they are starting or to where they are going.

In my view, it is an ideal venture for the tourist market, taking people from near the railway station to the Armouries, but I could never see it appealing to commuters.

Agreed it seems a shame, but if you don't have people at Point A who want to get to Point B, you don't operate a wheely bus between A and B either!

I wonder how much market research (as opposed to wishful thinking) went into the project to start with?

Edited by Machpoint005

Agreed it seems a shame, but if you don't have people at Point A who want to get to Point B, you don't operate a wheely bus between A and B either!

I wonder how much market research (as opposed to wishful thinking) went into the project to start with?

Another example of a solution looking for a problem I'm afraid. Its quite common in the transport world!