Braunston Historic Boat Gathering

Hairy-Neil

Featured Posts

:lol:

Err, why did i give myself 3 days to get there but only 2 1/2 to get back??????? :lol:

Hmmmm... optomistic planning eh? I'll be there, shall I bring a roll of red insulating tape to tape along the sides, thus creating a go faster stripe for the journey home?

Sextans was at Bambury this morning, pointing north.....

Bambury ?

And Tycho was still at Bulbourne works, less than a week ago.....

And indeed is still at Bulbourne.

(Third time I've been past, and still had no camera with me).

Hopefully Fulbourne was still there as well.

Tim

Didn't notice it. Where was it last seen? :lol:

I had left the car in the car park adjacent to the lock to go in search of Alka-Seltza. Too much Hook Norton on saturday partying locally. I caught sight of an 'interesting' arse end, north of the lift bridge and walked up to see what it was. (it's criminal what they have done to Tooley's yard... :lol: ) Sussed it was 'Sextans' from about 200 yards as she has distinctive wider counter (to reduce draught), but with more upsweep than a town class Northwich.

A Washer, Little Woolwich 'replica' locked through whilst I was there..... :lol:

Didn't notice it. Where was it last seen? :lol:

I had left the car in the car park adjacent to the lock to go in search of Alka-Seltza. Too much Hook Norton on saturday partying locally. I caught sight of an 'interesting' arse end, north of the lift bridge and walked up to see what it was. (it's criminal what they have done to Tooley's yard... :lol: ) Sussed it was 'Sextans' from about 200 yards as she has distinctive wider counter (to reduce draught), but with more upsweep than a town class Northwich.

A Washer, Little Woolwich 'replica' locked through whilst I was there..... :lol:

Hopefully Fulbourne was still where we left it on the south side of town adjacent to the winding hole beyond the long term morrings!

Tim

Hopefully Fulbourne was still where we left it on the south side of town adjacent to the winding hole beyond the long term morrings!

Tim

Never went that way. Boats/boating was furthest from my mind at the time..... :lol:

And indeed (tycho) is still at Bulbourne.

Is only 2 days from Braunston.... :lol:

So whos going then? Are we to have a mini-banter?

- If plans go to plan i will be the most of saturday, but proberbly on the boat (on the weaver) on sunday.

Daniel

I'll be there late afternoon/early evening saturday and staying over, hopefully on a friend's noddy boat, so will be about on sunday morning too, perhaps all day. We'll see what the weather brings.....

So whos going then? Are we to have a mini-banter?

- If plans go to plan i will be the most of saturday, but proberbly on the boat (on the weaver) on sunday.

Daniel

I can't go this year - gutted! :lol:

Got a family wedding to attend. You'd have thought they would have been more considerate and planned a different date (for the wedding - not the boat gathering).

Have a drink on me :lol:

I can't go this year - gutted! :lol:

Got a family wedding to attend. You'd have thought they would have been more considerate and planned a different date (for the wedding - not the boat gathering).

Have a drink on me :lol:

same for me......

Pitty!

- Ive had a day of feeling sick as a dog and being unable to get home till 4 having shared a lift in. However having slept from 4 till 9 hopfully i will still be good to go.

Daniel

I spent the whole weekend at Braunston in the end. Caught up with 'WorkingBoats', 'PaulH', 'Hyperion 53' and 'Kelso's Slave', plus a good many faces from the past.....Impressed with the standard of restoration on the Sickle. Looking forward to seeing Kelso looking something line a Big Northwich motor should. You have your work cut out...

We shouldn't have had the banter the same weekend as the Braunston show!

It was a toss up, but in the end the banter won.

I bet you didn't get a Battle of Britain flypast at Braunston ?

It's amazing what Moley had laid on for us, really :lol:

Made a brief visit to take a trip round on Pelican (which turned into a good 3 hours, because of the usual parade chaos).

Saw Daniel on the bank and waved but wasn't spotted.

Two people said hello to me, on the towpath, but I was rushing, because the parade had started and I didn't want to miss the boat. Apologies, if they were forum members.

So, what was there......Here's those I remember. :lol:

GUCCCo.

Achilles (at bottom lock)

Arcturus

Argo

Atlas

Bargus

Betelgeuse

Capricorn

Casiopeia

Corona

Dodona

Leo

Planet

Radiant

Regulus

Sculptor

Sextans

Sickle

Sirius

Star

Thea

Tycho

Vesta

Warbler

Zodiac

Aldgate

Angel

Battersea

Bristol

Buckden

Barrow

Brighton

Cantley (on UCC moorings)

Dover

Fulbourne

Hadley

Kelso (Passed through, moors at Bottom Lock)

Nuneaton

Nutfield

Paddington

Renfrew

Stratford

Towcester

FMC

Camel

Dove

Gorse

Lupin

Madeley?

Monarch

Olive

Owl

Panther

Pelican

Vulcan

(More I've forgotten)

Tugs/icebreaker

(excluding GU)

Bittel

Pacific No. 4

Helen

James Loader

White Heather

Adamant

Laplander

Oxford No.1

Barlows

Beatty

Kent

Raymond

Cowburn & Cowpar

Starling

Swallow

Others

Arcangel

Arundel (Working replica)

Cyprus (Erewash)

Mecca (LMS)

Mecca (?)

Olive (?)

Stour (Thos. Clayton)

(More I've forgotten)

Edited by Hairy-Neil

Remembered :lol:

2 Stewarts and Lloyds Tugs... Bittel & ???

A second Leonard Leigh Ltd; Wooden tug ???

forgotten the other Stewart & Lloyds, too.

The other Leonard Leigh was Helen (and metal). James Loader was the wooden one (whose owner is now the new owner of Lucy).

Edited to add: Sweden was there, too.

Edited by carlt