"Barges" cut off by swollen river.

Featured Posts

Just returned from the Stratford Canal / Stratford on AVon. Our plan was to go down the river on Monday but alas we failed as it was too high. Will send pictures later. In stratford it rose 2.5 feet in 8 day hours. Still rising when we abandoned the holiday yesterday. Will post pictures of Bidford in a bit when I unpack the camera.

Aye. This was an item on Midlands news yesterday. There was a cat on one and a dog on the other; my wife was more worried about them...............

Did look a bit daft though, with 8 feet of water to visible bank and stuck on the boat. Mind, the mooring ropes would need constant attention so as not to sink the boats.

Hate boating on rivers, I even get a bit nervous on the little bit of T&M that's shared with the Trent.

Just returned from the Stratford Canal / Stratford on AVon. Our plan was to go down the river on Monday but alas we failed as it was too high. Will send pictures later. In stratford it rose 2.5 feet in 8 day hours. Still rising when we abandoned the holiday yesterday. Will post pictures of Bidford in a bit when I unpack the camera.

Hi just seen this, if you read my website you will see what we had to do there on tuesday :) , I hope our new boat is safe up at evesham :(

www.digitalis.org.uk