Shower fit out

Tally

Featured Posts

Being very new to the forum -like 10mins new member can anyone please give advice on best adhesive to use for fixing ceramic tiles in the shower area. Have succesfully fitted new shower tray and recessed to enable tiles to seal down OK at bottom. Tiles need to be applied to marine ply which has been painted with I think emulsion.

Have fitted tiles in house but never a boat!

Any advice much appreciated = thanks

Can anyone please give advice on best adhesive to use for fixing ceramic tiles in the shower area.

This has been descused before (links below)

Ceramic Tiling, Tile cement

Tiling on Bulkheads etc

- Personaly i would have though you would want somthing a little bit more flexable than std tile grout, but having said that tile grout works fine on plasterboard, especially the modern stuff.

- hope this helps and welcome aboard

Daniel

Being very new to the forum -like 10mins new member can anyone please give advice on best adhesive to use for fixing ceramic tiles in the shower area. Have succesfully fitted new shower tray and recessed to enable tiles to seal down OK at bottom. Tiles need to be applied to marine ply which has been painted with I think emulsion.

Have fitted tiles in house but never a boat!

Any advice much appreciated = thanks

tiles are us advise flexable grout and fixing glue if tiles are laid on a ply floor that may have minimal movement and i would ask about them or similar outfit for advice but dont ask an assistant below 30yrs old because they probably dont know and dont care and wont even be working at the store when you return.you usually find these meatheads at all kinds of superstores at the weekends.they should be made to wear badges stating they have left brains at previous place of employment

• 4 weeks later...