Can anyone identify...

AMModels

Featured Posts

Which bit of it?

I'll hazard a guess that most of the stern is new.

I don't think the fore end is a butty's stern, but there's something about it which bothers me a little bit.

Tim

Its an original small woolwich motor cut down to 45ft by BW when on maintenance. It has since been much rebuilt by Stockton Dry Dock Co including the stern. Dorado is personally owned by Tim Higton at Warwickshire Fly.

Somewhere I've got a pre-restoration pic.

Paul H

If that was at Stoke Bruerne last month then it's Dorado; we got talking to the woman on board.

I was very chuffed because I identified it as a Small Woolwich from its fore end.

Ah ha - There you go Andy. I told you WW would jump in and give it a name.

That one less thing to remember to ask her today at the RN open day!

I also have photos of Dora Do, pre restoration, and on Stockton dry dock minus engine 'ole and back cabin in the early stages of restoration.

I note the different spelling from WW.

Is it Dorado or Dora Do?

Just being pedantic for my records

What, this one?

Dorado

Ah the good old days of unshiny working boats!

Paul H

Blimy - she's a bit different now!

How old is the photo Paul?

Andy - I think you may need to update your web comment: ex BW 45ft tug now at WFBCo. awaiting major cash injection for rebuilding. I think the major cash injection has happened?

Edited by I want a 'proper job'

I dont know mate, I was just browsing online and came across it. I would hazard a guess its this year tho as he hadnt added it before to his gallery.

Maybe it's just a scratch, but it looks more like some rather short grain on that top plank :o

Tim

Well I'm foxed and I thought I knew pretty much all the wooden motors out there, especially the tidy ones.

Is there anyone nearby who can go and lift a tarp, to reveal the cabin side? I'm intrigued.

Edited to add "wooden"

Edited by carlt

Well I'm foxed and I thought I knew pretty much all the wooden motors out there, especially the tidy ones.

Is there anyone nearby who can go and lift a tarp, to reveal the cabin side? I'm intrigued.

Edited to add "wooden"

Fairly unusually for a wooden working boat there seems to be a BW index plate fixed to the bulkhead but frustratingly the definition of the pic isn't good enough to read it.

Do we know which boatyard it is?

Do we know what type of boat it is? The red extended hearty thing on the bow suggests Barlows but it doesn't look like a Braunston bow. Could have been subject of an extensive inaccurate rebuild though. The stable doors on the bulkhead are fairly distinctive - does this suggest a slightly extended cabin or a recently removed conversion?

I'm foxed too - but all wooden boats look the same anyway and they never have names on :-)

BUT if I was to have a shot in the dark I'd guess the Daphne although I haven't seen it for several years now.

Paul