IT'S OFFICIAL!!!!!

Janet S

Featured Posts

I'm late posting, but Thursday 23.15:

"Where on earth has three weeks gone? Time sure flies when you're having fun, and we've had plenty. It's been a fabulous holiday. Really couldn't have wished for better. Good company, good weather, good fishing. We've had a wonderful time. Will be really sorry to hand boat back and return to reality. Alarm set for five tomorrow so I can get one more morning's fishing in. Janet."

And with that, I'm off for a week, but I'm so glad Janet's luck changed and the weather was excellent for pretty-much the whole duration. I was also glad that we were able to meet up at Compton, that was a good evening.

Well, that's it over with for another year..... ;)

We've had an absolutely fabulous holiday this year. We enjoy all of them, and try and make the most of our short time, but this one was just the best.

Unlike last year, where we had fourteen consecutive days of rain, sleet, rain and more rain, this time the weather was very kind to us. I'll have to check the log, but I think it only rained on three days out of the three weeks, but each time it didn't last long enough to spoil our enjoyment.

We did try to have a relaxing holiday this time, although I don't know if setting my alarm for five in the morning to go fishing is everyone's idea of relaxing!

It's been three weeks of fun, smiles and sunshine, although it feels more like three days....I wish I knew where the time had gone.

We've met some real muppets along the way, had one or two dodgy moments, seen some wonderful sights, and have also been privileged to meet some lovely people, who have all helped to make the holiday a real experience, not one to be forgotten in a hurry.

One of the highlights for us was at the very beginning of the holiday. We were expecting to pick up Jan (Cheshire~Rose) for a day out, but ended up with Dave (st170dwl) and Moley and family as well, moored up for a mini-banter and a fabulous evening of wine, food and bankside entertainment.....well, you've probably seen the video by now......

Many thanks to Moley for relaying my texts on our progress, and also for the hangover that rather hindered our passage up the Wolverhampton 21.....

I'll post a full log of the trip shortly.

Janet

• 3 weeks later...