Cheapest diesel on the southern GU.

MoominPapa

Featured Posts

We're moving up the GU from Uxbridge to Gayton starting this weekend, and we could do with filling with diesel. I'm only guessing at the tank's capacity and current contents (new, to me, boat), but we'll probably be able to take more than 200 litres. Does anyone have any information about where has the cheapest fuel on that route?

Cheers,

MP.

We're moving up the GU from Uxbridge to Gayton starting this weekend, and we could do with filling with diesel. I'm only guessing at the tank's capacity and current contents (new, to me, boat), but we'll probably be able to take more than 200 litres. Does anyone have any information about where has the cheapest fuel on that route?

Not the Kevins thats for sure!

It was always either Uxbridge or Willowbridge depending on where you are.

I use Peter on Bletchley, he comes to me delivers when I am not there and then sends a txt with the cost and I pay hime over the internet!

Call him on 07984900613 to find out where he is and what his costs are.

Julian

Apologies - wrong Willow!

Why do you want the cheapest diesel? - surely you want the most convenient, even if that means paying a slight premium for the effort and worry you would endure otherwise.

I'm planning to travel a long section of the GU over the next week or so. There's almost certainly enough diesel in the tank to get to Gayton without buying any, so I have the choice of any of the diesel sources I will pass. It's a one way trip, so if the first place I pass turns out to be the cheapest, that's no good unless I know in advance.

Hence the question.

MP.

Not what I've heard Chris, sold yes but staying as a boatyard due to the lack of planning approval.

That's what I was told when I was in there a few months back. It wasn't going anywhere because the backers had pulled out.

Cheers,

MP.

How much are High Line charging? Only asked coz i aint used them yet. last fill up was at Harefield back in October so im expecting a bit of an increase since then.

BTW have a really good, safe trip and if you get the chance some pics of the journey would be great.

We're working over the easter weekend so probably wont get to see you but hope to meet up maybe on the system sometime in the future

Cheers

geoff

How much are High Line charging? Only asked coz i aint used them yet. last fill up was at Harefield back in October so im expecting a bit of an increase since then.

To be honest, I don't know. I wouldn't expect a very low price, since they don't have a passing trade to compete for.

BTW have a really good, safe trip and if you get the chance some pics of the journey would be great.

Thanks, I'll get some pics, probably of NB Melaleuca forging on through a blizzard!

We're working over the easter weekend so probably wont get to see you but hope to meet up maybe on the system sometime in the future

I'm sure our paths will cross again.

Cheers

SImon.

I've been trying to swot up on diesel fuels and heavy oils and suchlike. I found this thread on another site http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=19887 but don't really have enough knowledge to make sense of it. Can anyone explain in laymans terms what the different designations 28 sec, 35 sec, kerosene, heavy oil etc means in relation to fuels used in boats, generators and plant, home heating or farming equipment. I was interested to read (if I understood correctly) that the big shipping companies only pay about 12p per litre for their fuel!

Hi,,

I paid 72ppl last Wed, from Peter on Bletchley. He normally supplies us and it reflects the general cost of diesel at the moment.

This time last year it was 50ppl (same supplier).

Albi

Is this bought from a guy on a boat? Some friends of mine own a marina and warned me that some people sell 28sec heating oil from boats and yet charge you full (red) diesel rate. I'm not saying your guy is doing this but it might be worth checking. 28sec oil is currently around 40p/litre domestically.

Chris

Is this bought from a guy on a boat? Some friends of mine own a marina and warned me that some people sell 28sec heating oil from boats and yet charge you full (red) diesel rate. I'm not saying your guy is doing this but it might be worth checking. 28sec oil is currently around 40p/litre domestically.

Chris

Peter on Bletchly is a well known, and well respected, working boat around there - I'm sure he'd not appreciate you casting aspersions, by intimation, on his business.

Peter on Bletchly is a well known, and well respected, working boat around there - I'm sure he'd not appreciate you casting aspersions, by intimation, on his business.

.........you've obviously mistaken me for someone who gives a sh*t. :rolleyes:

Interesting, but without testing the fuel to be certain I would say Peter is very honest. Any problems and his whole customer base would know about it quickly and trade (selling fuel & coal) would vanish overnight.

He has been suppying me with diesel for heating and propulsion for several years and I have never had any problems.

I am sure that if the wrong fuel were sold we would notice problems with at least one of the engines in boats on the moorings.

Pleased you enjoyed your stay at the Cowroast & the pub.

Leo.