Trophy Boats

RatCatcher

Featured Posts

What a change over the last few days. After several lovely peaceful months on the canals, it is back to mayhem.

All of those lovely trophy boats coming out of their marinas and clogging up the canals. All nicely polished up and hardly ever used. Some travelling everywhere at just over tickover, other at full throttle all the time. Such a shame that half of them can’t control their toys and have no regard for other canal dwellers. Roll on the bad weather!!!

What a change over the last few days. After several lovely peaceful months on the forum, it is back to mayhem.

All of those lovely trophy pooters coming out and clogging up the threads. All nicely polished up and hardly ever used. Some making nasty half baked comments about a forum they never post on, others just popping up to slag off other boaters. Such a shame that half of them can't control their fingers and have no regard for other canal dwellers. Roll on the bad weather!!!

What a change over the last few days. After several lovely peaceful months on the canals, it is back to mayhem.

All of those lovely trophy boats coming out of their marinas and clogging up the canals. All nicely polished up and hardly ever used. Some travelling everywhere at just over tickover, other at full throttle all the time. Such a shame that half of them can’t control their toys and have no regard for other canal dwellers. Roll on the bad weather!!!

I quite like to see "trophy boats". Nicely polished boats add to the colour of the waterways.

I am not sure there is any correlation between "nicely polished boats" and "hardly ever used" but if there is, so what? I also don't see much difference in the boat handling of the "nicely polished boats" and the less well polished boats.

If you have boat, what is wrong with getting a duster out from time to time? Equally, if you don't want to polish, that is OK as well.

Derek

That's just not correct.............................................. it should be we licence payers .......................... you're getting subject and object as well as noun and verb confused.

Chris

Thank you Chris, very helpful - I will try to do better in future :D

Hmm...looks good to me, couple of old wooden boats, an aga /rayburn, jerry can, red plastic bin, lots of useful bits and bobs. I wonder what The RatCatcher would make of that lovely collection of tat called Charity.

Carl if you ever want a hand, I have lots of stuff to add to your collection.

Hi Carl,

I have been informed by British Waterways that it is us license payers that are going to have to foot the bill to have your scrap yard plus Lucy and Usk removed from the waterways!! Thanks for that :D

Just had a look at the picture on the link of all the material on the bank, which I presume is on the main line somewhere, I dont know what its all about but it does look a mess and should be tidied up if at all possible

Charles

Just had a look at the picture on the link of all the material on the bank, which I presume is on the main line somewhere, I dont know what its all about but it does look a mess and should be tidied up if at all possible

Charles

As many people stop and ask to look at my old boat bits, as stick their noses in the air.

The majority are to busy admiring the beautiful views on the other side, to cast judgemant on what was a work in progress and has become, as a result of vandals, too depressing to visit.

Could I ask a moderator to close (and delete) this thread, as airing the destruction of my boats, and a few snobs' opinion of it, is upsetting.

Edited by carlt
  • Greenie 1

Well sorry. T.O.P. but if some anonymous idiot was spreading lies about you, I'm not sure you'd be so keen on a cuddle.

Yo Carl

This has always bothered me - why the need for anonymity ? If a person has something potentially "uncomfortable " to say they really should be bold enough to give a name. Charles may challenge you ( as is his right I guess ) but at least you can respect the fact that he does it honestly and openly.

I`ve looked at the picture on the link also - I presume ( if it actually is your stuff )- that the things have come off the boat that some tossers kindly set alight for you. Under the circumstances I find it understandable even if it is untidy. Perhaps some one local who would like it out of sight might offer to store the stuff for you. That would be helpful for all concerned - including those who really need not be.

Cheers

Phil

Edited by Phil Speight

What a change over the last few days. After several lovely peaceful months on the canals, it is back to mayhem. All of those lovely trophy boats coming out of their marinas and clogging up the canals. All nicely polished up and hardly ever used. Some travelling everywhere at just over tickover, other at full throttle all the time. Such a shame that half of them can’t control their toys and have no regard for other canal dwellers. Roll on the bad weather!!!
Have spent some time trying to come up with a smart reply to this post......but only printable answer I could come up with is that I somehow think you do not quite understand the concept of living with others and toleration. I think its great that we see every type of boat on the system, and the fact that people spend a lot of money having boats built it makes sence that they then also look after it with pride.I think this is the stupid post I have read for some time.
As many people stop and ask to look at my old boat bits, as stick their noses in the air. The majority are to busy admiring the beautiful views on the other side, to cast judgemant on what was a work in progress and has become, as a result of vandals, too depressing to visit.Could I ask a moderator to close (and delete) this thread, as airing the destruction of my boats, and a few snobs' opinion of it, is upsetting.
Good on you Carl I can see no problem if people don't like what you are doing then suggest they look the other way!!! Going by Ratchatchers original post he would be the last person I would take any notice of!!

2 days ago BW posted letters on my and my neighbours' boats saying if we do not comply with the mooring conditions re tidiness of the site they will terminate mooring contracts. I'm towpath side. Does this not apply offside i guess not. I passed the puddle banks last year and the rayburn was there and the 2inch honda pump had weeds growing through it well before Usk's under cloths area was burnt.

2 days ago BW posted letters on my and my neighbours' boats saying if we do not comply with the mooring conditions re tidiness of the site they will terminate mooring contracts. I'm towpath side. Does this not apply offside i guess not. I passed the puddle banks last year and the rayburn was there and the 2inch honda pump had weeds growing through it well before Usk's under cloths area was burnt.

When the pound was drained for maintenence work, BW workers helped me move my stuff, and helped me move it back. I can't, and wouldn't, comment on your situation, magnetman, but I do note you've changed your avatar back.

Whats draining the canal got to do with it?. I know the area has leakage 'issues' and requires regular maintenance but how does that affect land based 'storage'?

Because they needed access across my mooring and my stuff was in their way. This is none of your business btw and this is my last comment.

Feel free to judge, though, with your interest in collecting ironwork from the cut no secret, methinks an element of envy at my having had over 300' of storage for my tat is creeping in.