Recomended pub for 18th birthday celebration

jackieb8man

Featured Posts

Hi, have just dicovered you all on the web. Can anyone recommend a good pub that we can eat and celebrated my daughters 18th birthday in. The date will be bank holiday monday 30th May and we will be picking up our boat from Chirk on Saturday 28th at 4pm. We plan to follow the route travelling towards Hurleston. So am not quite sure how far we will have got by then. Looking for somewhere traditional, prob serving a roast at lunchtime. It has been about 13 years since we have been canal boating so my waterway guide is a bit out of date. Have got a new one on order. Hope someone can help. Thanks :closedeyes:

You could easily reach Wrenbury for Monday evening, with the option of either the Cotton Arms or the Dusty Miller, just an hour or two more brings you to the Willeymoor Lock Tavern which gets good reports. I'm 47 on May 30th and will be at the Crick show where my boat is on show. Enjoy your week.

Oops, didn't read your post properly! For Monday lunchtime you may consider walking into Whitchurch (approx 1 mile from the canal), where there is a large selection of pubs, one of them is bound to do a roast.

I too can recommend the Willeymoor Lock Tavern, a very nice canal side pub. All such places do food these days but this one has a good restaurant.

As you will be going on a bank holiday I would be inclined to book in advance, some one will have a guide with a phone No.