any news on oxford basin

seamus63834

Featured Posts

in adition to the other topic on castle mill boat yard does any one have any news on whats happening with the plans to restore the basin at oxford? redevellop the basin for housing and b.w. to referbish the castle mill boat yard as a fully working boatyard maybe b.w.could put in a decent dry dock so as to help the relations between b.w.b & the boaters the site should stay as a boatyard. besides it would give the idle b.w.staff some work to do. <_<

in adition to the other topic on castle mill boat yard does any one have any news on whats happening with the plans to restore the basin at oxford? redevellop the basin for housing and b.w. to referbish the castle mill boat yard as a fully working boatyard maybe b.w.could put in a decent dry dock so as to help the relations between b.w.b & the boaters the site should stay as a boatyard. besides it would give the idle b.w.staff some work to do. :rolleyes:

I hope that last bit was intended as a joke. I know quite a few of the BW maintenance workers on the Oxford and they are anything but idle. The fact that they sometimes do not appear to have a lot of work in hand is often because of inefficient management and poor supply chains.

Mind you it does mean that they can be on site fairly quickly if their is a problem requiring their attention.

Edited by David Schweizer

• 3 weeks later...

BW unloaded some Armco pilling on to Gunpowder wharf today It is to be transported down to College Crusiers where it will be used to pile the edge from there to Aristotle Lane brigde so I have been informed.

Edited by Maffi

BW unloaded some Armco pilling on to Gunpowder wharf today It is to be transported down to College Crusiers where it will be used to pile the edge from there to Aristotle Lane brigde so I have been informed.

That will make a much for a needed improvement, but will they dredge out all the bankside that has fallen in at the edge?