Remote steering...

Dropacog

Featured Posts

Hello Folks and Happy New Year.

Has anyone ever come across or can you recall the name of the bloke (in the Midlands I think) who constructed a simple remote control steering gadget for a narrow boat? Idea being that you could control the boat remotely when (say) you're in a lock?

Now for me, I'd rather do it the proper way, but an elderly canal-user has asked if I can remember details - and I can't!

All the best, David.

Nothing to do with steering your boat from the bank, but I'm just putting it forward again as it might??? help someone, or give them an idea.

Just so I can roam around my boat, even sit on the stern in the sunshine if I want, I made this

remrud3.jpg

remrud8.jpg

Slightly dubous of the implications of a radio control 20tons of boat.

- But in the past ive though that maybe hydrolic or electric linear accuators could be a solution to the play and flex in emilyannes regulator and reverser linkage.

Eather than or im going to have to get myself some proper iron in there!

Daniel

As ever, thanks for your replies! I have to say, I too am a little bit guarded about controlling 20 tonnes of steel with a button or two; that said, you could apply that sort of reasoning to any piece of modern machinery!

David