Jump to content

Webasto Thermo Top-change temperature?


Featured Posts

 

1 hour ago, umpire111 said:

Is there any way to change the temperature of the heated water. Can’t find any mention of changing this in my manual or on the net?

 

Fit a thermostatic mixer valve to the calorifier. You can then set the temperature of the hot water to the shower and taps at a safe level and it has the added benefit of using less hot water so the hot water in calorifier goes further.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, cuthound said:

...and it has the added benefit of using less hot water so the hot water in calorifier goes further.

 

And the other added benefit is that you won't scald yourself with hot water after you've been for a cruise.

 

If you fit a TMV on the hot water outlet pipe from your calorifier then the water temp must be set above 60C to kill Legionalla bacteria. I'd also recommend fitting a Y strainer between the calorifier and the TMV because otherwise the TMV can get bunged up with bits of limescale from the calorifier.

Edited by blackrose
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, blackrose said:

 

And the other added benefit is that you won't scald yourself with hot water after you've been for a cruise.

 

If you fit a TMV on the hot water outlet pipe from your calorifier then the water temp must be set above 60C to kill Legionalla bacteria. I'd also recommend fitting a Y strainer between the calorifier and the TMV because otherwise the TMV can get bunged up with bits of limescale from the calorifier.

 

The water temperature within the calorifier will be at engine thermostat temperature, 80 degrees C or so. Only the water delivered to the taps will be at the TMV setting.

 

Good idea about using a Y strainer.

Edited by cuthound
Missing letter
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, cuthound said:

 

The water temperature within the calorifier will be at engine thermostat temperature, 80 degrees C or so. Only the water delivered to the taps will be at the TMV setting

 

Yes I understand that, but my point was that the water in the pipes to the taps should also be above 60c, at least occasionally to kill off any nasty bacteria.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.