Marine LPG Engineer

Anne Stones

Featured Posts

22 minutes ago, Anne Stones said:

Hi there.  Looking for recommendations for a marine gas engineer to connect to our oven.  We are at Redhill Marina, Notts.

thanks in advance

I'm not sure a marine gas engineer would appreciate being connected to your oven.

4 minutes ago, Anne Stones said:

Really helpful when you need advice that you get sarcastic comments!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cheers 

........is one way of looking at things.

alternatively any post, sarcastic or otherwise, brings your thread to the top of "view new content"so it is more likely to be seen by others.

7 hours ago, rusty69 said:

In that case, I suggest you check the gassaferegister website, select LPG and what kind of installation you want.

I don’t think I have come across a specific ‘Marine Gas Engineer’. I would have thought that anyone who is Gas Safe registered would be able to do what is required.

Howard

Edited by howardang

Just now, howardang said:

I don’t think I have come across a specific ‘Marine Gas Engineer’. I would have thought that anyone who is Gas Safevregistered would be able to do what is required.

Howard

A common error. 

Gas Safe registration is multi-level and the vast majority of Gas Safe registered gas engineers are not sufficiently qualified to work on either LPG or on boats. Finding someone qualified for both can be quite a trial. 

• Greenie 1

2 hours ago, Anne Stones said:

Really helpful when you need advice that you get sarcastic comments!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cheers 

It snot sarcasm, its an attempt at humour!  Its a bit dull otherwise, sitting at the keyboard, waiting for an interesting question to pop up.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, system 4-50 said:

It snot sarcasm, its an attempt at humour!  Its a bit dull otherwise, sitting at the keyboard, waiting for an interesting question to pop up.

The question is, would the OP have got the answers they are receiving without my poor attempt at humour?

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, MtB said:

A common error. 

Gas Safe registration is multi-level and the vast majority of Gas Safe registered gas engineers are not sufficiently qualified to work on either LPG or on boats. Finding someone qualified for both can be quite a trial. 

And even then Gas Safe registered is far from a guarantee of competence. My neighbour had a young gas safe registered bod round to do the landlord checks. He denied the central heating boiler was behind the gas fire and refused to even check when he was told that is where it was. He was ordered out of the house.

• Horror 1

55 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Gas Safe, lpg, and boat registered.

You are??

2 hours ago, David Mack said:

Have you asked Redhill Marina if they can do the work, and if not who they would recommend?

They would probably say Chris Williams, as he is on site.

23 minutes ago, blackrose said:

You don't really need a gas engineer to connect an oven, you just need someone who's competent enough to connect it and then test it for leaks. It's not difficult.

You do for your BSC and compliance.

How do you regulate "competent"

7 minutes ago, matty40s said:

You do for your BSC and compliance.

How do you regulate "competent"

This is all getting rather circular. You could regulate it by having formalised exams to pass and a Register of people and all their individual qualifications.

Oh, hang on...

1 minute ago, MtB said:

You could regulate it by having formalised exams to pass and a Register of people and all their individual qualifications.

And even better, you could then charge the registered people hundreds of pounds each to be on your list ...