Inpost

LadyG

Featured Posts

I orded two items to be delivered to an Inpost .

One was not delivered, I assume courier could not cope.

The second is in a locker but required a six digit code, I don't have one! Seller does not have one, what to do? Seller tells me to contact eBay, the code is not on their delivery note, so I can't get the item.

Edited by LadyG

3 hours ago, LadyG said:

I orded two items to be delivered to an Inpost .

One was not delivered, I assume courier could not cope.

The second is in a locker but required a six digit code, I don't have one! Seller does not have one, what to do? Seller tells me to contact eBay, the code is not on their delivery note, so I can't get the item.

Mrs M_JG sells stuff on Vinted and uses Inpost a fair bit. The seller will have a QR code and a 6 digit code in an email. One of these is needed  by the seller to open the locker and place the item in it. They couldn't drop the item in a locker without one.

You as the buyer should have an 'open locker' QR code and six digit number in an email. Are you sure you haven't got these in an email possibly residing in your junk/spam folder?

I dont know if both 'drop off' codes and the 'open locker' codes are them same though. But it is the sellers responsibility to sort it either way.

eBay will step in if the seller fails to resolve the issue, it just takes a bit of time.

3 hours ago, LadyG said:

The second is in a locker but required a six digit code, I don't have one!

I'm curious how you know it is in a locker, when you haven't been given the code.

I suggest you raise an "Item not received" dispute on ebay.

Seller's problem I'd have thought, given they sent it by a courier that puts it in a locker without supplying the access code. 

Sounds like pretty poor service on the part of the seller but following the advice of previous posters should resolve things for you. ebay gives a lot of protection to buyers, and some unscrupulous people will use that to their advantage to get free stuff.

First item, not delivered. Straight forward 'item not received' dispute. Seller only has a few days to sort this out before you can get refund.

Second item, stuck in a locker. Double check your ebay records and emails. Tell the seller that you require further help. If you haven't had a code and don't get direct help from the seller then again raise an 'item not received' dispute.

Nowadays ebay deals with virtually all non 'cash on collection' purchases so they can claw money back easily and send it back to buyer.

Edited by BilgePump
'cash on collection' instead of COD

3 hours ago, BilgePump said:

First item, not delivered. Straight forward 'item not received' dispute. Seller only has a few days to sort this out before you can get refund.

Not in my experience. I had an item not delivered. For days after the due delivery date it was showing on the couriers tracking system as 'out for delivery', then that changed to delivered several days earlier. I raised a query with the seller (via ebay) who told me the courier said it was delivered and it was not his problem. He didn't respond to further messages. Raised a query with ebay who sided with the seller. Took it up with the courier, who sent me to a complicated 'dashboard' to register the non delivery, then asked for all sorts of information which only the seller (who was their customer) could supply, then stopped responding. 

My guess is that the item was either lost in transit or the final delivery driver couldn't be bothered to take the time to find our out-of-the-way address, so dumped it somewhere.

Never did get the item or my money back.

I recently ordered something from China via ebay. The tracking data provided a nice photo of the delivery to the doorstep by the wonderful Evri courier service. 

Unfortunately, for me, it was not my doorstep, and as the seller had proof of delivery, e-bay were not interested in giving me a refund.

Most interesting one I had was when I ordered a phone off eBay.

When it arrived there was evidence of some tampering with the package and low and behold when I opened it there was a box, a charger but no phone.

I jumped onto the eBay community to ask advice.

I was warned under no circumstances go down the 'item not delivered route'  as the seller would have delivery confirmation and eBay would find in his favour. Instead I was advised to go with the 'item not as described' route. I had to make a crime report from memory and get a crime number. After a bit of back and forth and much grumbling by the seller and eBay contacting the police to confirm I had lodged a report eBay accepted my side and fully refunded my monies.

I can't say for sure if the phone had been removed in transit but if it had been then the seller not me paid the price for using Hermes (as was). If the phone hadn't been in the box when sent then tough they got caught out.

He said he was going to take it up with the courier but I never heard any more.

Thankfully for me, the item was only worth 5 quid, so not worth my time persuing.

What it did teach me though, was to never buy anything from a company that uses Evri, (or Hermes as it was called) as a delivery service. I always ask in advance these days, and go elswhere if they insist on using Evri. 

2 hours ago, rusty69 said:

Thankfully for me, the item was only worth 5 quid, so not worth my time persuing.

What it did teach me though, was to never buy anything from a company that uses Evri, (or Hermes as it was called) as a delivery service. I always ask in advance these days, and go elswhere if they insist on using Evri. 

Never had a non arrival from China but we generally find the sellers from China are pretty diligent if a low value item is deemed poor quality when we recieve it. Quite a few times when contacted they have just issued a refund with no further questions asked, no return required.

2 minutes ago, M_JG said:

Never had a non arrival from China but we generally find the sellers from China are pretty diligent if a low value item is deemed poor quality when we recieve it. Quite a few times when contacted they have just issued a refund with no further questions asked, no return required.

Me too. I have always found them helpful and genuine to deal with. But if they have proof of delivery, what you gonna do. 

What has to be understood is that Evri and other couriers have a considerable number of items stolen or not delivered by the drivers.

If a van full of parcels gets stolen, or wrecked, they loose the whole cargo.

I know this because I know a vehicle breaker who disposes of the van remains and the parcels are still inside! He flogs off the goods!

I've had a refund from the non delivered item.

The second item was delivered according to courier on eBay 

Inpost allowed me to open dialogue but demanded this six digit code.

As eBay may not  have a space for this on their delivery note, I assume courier just left it in the locker without taking note of the number.

2 hours ago, rusty69 said:

Me too. I have always found them helpful and genuine to deal with. But if they have proof of delivery, what you gonna do. 

Ask on here in case someone knows what to do. It's been delivered where I asked!

• 2 weeks later...

Had an item from Ebay delivered to a pick up point in a large envelope when I picked it up the envelope was completely flat.

photographed it at pick up point, informed Ebay  and rrcived a refund no bother.

On 30/05/2023 at 17:42, Tracy D'arth said:

What has to be understood is that Evri and other couriers have a considerable number of items stolen or not delivered by the drivers.

If a van full of parcels gets stolen, or wrecked, they loose the whole cargo.

I know this because I know a vehicle breaker who disposes of the van remains and the parcels are still inside! He flogs off the goods!

Many, Many years ago when  i was just a lad I did a sting working nights on the BRS (remember them) loading docks I do remember some of the older guys used to come to work with order books. i can't remember the percentage figures for slippage? but it got to silly levels. I think that was part of the reason it was hived off.