looking for fender hanger

Featured Posts

I have just finished cleaning this up and have not yet stuck on the liner - same stuff as seals a weed hatch. Will cause less damage than wood or plastic. And it just lies over the handrail, and can obviously be slid along to suit. Fender rope goes through the raised bit. Have had these for years and really like them - sods law states 'find something you like, use it, want to replace / add to it and it will no longer be available'. I picked up a couple (mail order) in a rush and when they arrived were very similar, but in stainless, but were not adjustable.

Yes thanks, saw them - unfortunately none are angled to suit the side of a narrowboat, and the leather ones will not stand up to the rigours of narrowbot life like these steel ones (and magnetic!)

35 minutes ago, Mike Tee said:

Yes thanks, saw them - unfortunately none are angled to suit the side of a narrowboat, and the leather ones will not stand up to the rigours of narrowbot life like these steel ones (and magnetic!)

I was thinking of these (specifically moulded for NBs

Fender Hooks Hangers Cabin Top Handrail Boat Narrowboat Widebeam - Picture 1 of 4

Or these plywood ones (obviously quite easy to DIY) and you can angle it to perfectly match ypur boat contour.

.4 x raw 18mm Marine Ply Fender Hanging Hook Narrowboat / Fender Hook - Picture 1 of 2

Edited by Alan de Enfield

^^^ Thanks - they are the ones I bought without looking properly. Way to wide for a trad handrail, and without the cutting and welding skills / equipment they won't stay on, even after packing more dense foam on the back. I think I'll go cuthounds route - take the one I've got and ask a local fabricator to cut and weld the 'wrong' ones to match. Sorry, also ditchcrawler, same idea.

Edited by Mike Tee

We did have one of those on our boat when we bought her, think i kept it, if so you're welcome to it but will need a bit of a fettle.

Bought some from Midland, didn't fit our rails so had to make my own from ply and paint up (Midland wouldn't take them back in-store as bought online) templated so i can knock more out in future with the router table.

IMG_1201.jpeg

EDIT: I've just had a good look in the cellar, and sadly it seems it's gone :(

sorry

Edited by Hudds Lad
update

4 hours ago, Hudds Lad said:

We did have one of those on our boat when we bought her, think i kept it, if so you're welcome to it but will need a bit of a fettle.

Bought some from Midland, didn't fit our rails so had to make my own from ply and paint up (Midland wouldn't take them back in-store as bought online) templated so i can knock more out in future with the router table.

IMG_1201.jpeg

EDIT: I've just had a good look in the cellar, and sadly it seems it's gone :(

sorry

Someone is making them on a laser printer and putting your boat name on them

4 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Someone is making them on a laser printer and putting your boat name on them

You mean these 3d printed things? They don't have my unpatented and probably stolen 3 hole adjustment method though :D 

Product photo of Fender hooks