Anyone remember this - a good Bank Holiday Do.

LEO

Featured Posts

Had this hanging on my Gardener's Lavatory Wall since 1997...................memories of a good weekend, I recall it raised about £70K towards restoration. Weather was usually good, good gathering and some boaters visited the Rally at Braunston (pre Crick Days?) on the Saturday. Shame it stopped.

Happy DaysWendoverCanalFestival.thumb.jpeg.594a2cd33256cd6cd8244283edea2a0c.jpeg

Yep! the beer tent was popular ..... and the 'strange'  smell in the tent in the evenings made one feel a bit dizzy.........good do's though, I think I stopped going about the same time as you..

We went most years from 92-97. In the later years doing the site electrics with kit I may have “borrowed” from the day job….almost remember Wild Willy Barrett in the beer tent after acquiring a piano from a local pub….it was a great festival and a brilliant atmosphere 

13 hours ago, Tim Lewis said:

By coincidence this had recently been published:

https://wendovercanal.org.uk/wendover-tring-festivals/

Thanks for the information, good article and background on the event, I had a wry smile about the numbers needed to 'man' the entrance gates, I was tasked with organising folks for this purpose at a couple of festivals and yes, it was a bit of a problem, as vast numbers of people turned up once.