New CaRT display Licence format

Featured Posts

I have just received my CaRT licence renewal confirmation with a link to download the PDF licence to print and display. I opened the PDF to find the boat name is no longer on the license and has been replaced by my name, the boat number and expiry date is still there as before.

Is this the new display paper licence format or is a glitch/error, as I don’t really want my name on display.

Edited by BoatinglifeupNorth

26 minutes ago, BoatinglifeupNorth said:

I have just received my CaRT licence renewal confirmation with a link to download the PDF licence to print and display. I opened the PDF to find the boat name is no longer on the license and has been replaced by my name, the boat number and expiry date is still there as before.

Is this the new display paper licence format or is a glitch/error, as I don’t really want my name on display.

I don’t think GDPR would allow the licence holders name to be displayed on the licence, I would say that is an error.

55 minutes ago, BoatinglifeupNorth said:

Glitch.

I just renewed one of mine, ten minutes ago. Same format of licence (for me to print) as usual. Just the boat name on it. 

10 hours ago, BoatinglifeupNorth said:

Doubtful it's a programming error but I wonder if your name was mistakenly entered into the 'boat name' field by CRT. You can check on the website after signing in.
https://licensing.canalrivertrust.org.uk/Boat

8 minutes ago, Midnight said:

Doubtful it's a programming error but I wonder if your name was mistakenly entered into the 'boat name' field by CRT. You can check on the website after signing in.

Thanks for that and yes CaRT have changed my boat name to my personal name on all my registered details😂👍

The licence is now mostly for the benefit of towpath busy-bodies (and anti-liveaborad boaters), and most of us print out our own licence, so if you have any graphic editing software (and can use it) then you can adjust your licence to look however you want.

I resent paying £1200+ for a black and white licence so make mine coloured, and unless CRT have sorted out the low resolution logo I might well replace it with something better, maybe BWB this year 😀,

13 minutes ago, dmr said:

I resent paying £1200+ for a black and white licence so make mine coloured, and unless CRT have sorted out the low resolution logo I might well replace it with something better, maybe BWB this year 😀,

Yes my license went up roughly £200 this year and all I’ve got so far is all my details messed up.

2 hours ago, dmr said:

How true, better the devil you know 😀

2 hours ago, BoatinglifeupNorth said:

Yes my license went up roughly £200 this year and all I’ve got so far is all my details messed up.

How does that work then?

Our full length (71ft 8ins) narrow boat went up by £95 at the last renewal, so less than half what you say yours did.

I 'm failing to see why that may be, unless possibly that yours is a wide beam.

15 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

How does that work then?

Our full length (71ft 8ins) narrow boat went up by £95 at the last renewal, so less than half what you say yours did.

I must admit I did assume he was a fatty, as April '23 was the last incremental increase on 'fat-boat licences' introduced for phase-in from 2020.

(Just in time for the next round of fat-boat increases to be announced.)

2.3 Based on these considerations, the Trust has decided to combine the current length based bands with new width bands so that craft wider than 2.16m (7”1ft) will pay slightly more on top of the length-based charge.

Three width bands will be introduced from April 2020:

• Band 1: 2.16m (7ft 1”) and below

• Band 2: over 2.16m (7ft 1”) up to and including 3.24M (10ft 7.5’’)

• Band 3: over 3.24M (10ft 7.5’’)

Screenshot (2132).png

Edited by Alan de Enfield

1 hour ago, alan_fincher said:

How does that work then?

OK £154 to be exact, from £1152 to £1306. 
2023-2024 license fees below.
1A7025B8-DF3E-42A8-9F27-C0F5225C7867.jpeg.e3d1cff78931edcb9b579ac95f404de3.jpeg

Just now, Alan de Enfield said:

You could always pay before the end of the month and save ~£33 "prompt payment" discount and make it £1273

I was going to say that.

Not a lot, these days, but evert little helps.

Just now, alan_fincher said:

I was going to say that.

Not a lot, these days, but evert little helps.

It went up £154 this year, will wait and see how much next year’s increase is.

4 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

You could always pay before the end of the month and save ~£33 "prompt payment" discount and make it £1273

Not that big a saving, mind you would buy a couple of Sunday dinners.

13 minutes ago, BoatinglifeupNorth said:

It went up £154 this year, will wait and see how much next year’s increase is.

Not that big a saving, mind you would buy a couple of Sunday dinners.

Well, if £33 is not worth saving (presumambly you didn't bother) why make a fuss about the increases ?

27 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Well, if £33 is not worth saving (presumambly you didn't bother) why make a fuss about the increases ?

I’m not really all I said was my licence went up and all I’ve got so far is my details messed up, not that big a fuss.

I imagine there will be more people making a big a fuss if the CCing licence increases substantially.

Anyway I’ve got an answer to my post, so all sorted. Have a good Bank holiday.

7 hours ago, Midnight said:

I have had emails from them starting with Mr Harnser