Canal Boat Diaries

Roper

Featured Posts

Currently watching and enjoying Canal Boat Diaries on Yesterday channel. Been a while since my last hire so not sure if it's just me but the presenters engine seems to need high revs and be noisy compared to my (rose tinted 20:20) recollections of my last time on the canals.

25 minutes ago, Roper said:

Currently watching and enjoying Canal Boat Diaries on Yesterday channel. Been a while since my last hire so not sure if it's just me but the presenters engine seems to need high revs and be noisy compared to my (rose tinted 20:20) recollections of my last time on the canals.

Personally I love the sound of Robbie's engine but it would probably irk after a while.

I did ask on here once what it was and from memory it's a Lister but I cant recall which one.

1 minute ago, M_JG said:

Personally I love the sound of Robbie's engine but it would probably irk after a while.

I did ask on here once what it was and from memory it's a Lister but I cant recall which one.

Thanks, I just have memories of a lazier, deeper, chugging along type of sound.

21 minutes ago, Mike Hurley said:

If you like the slow beat have a look at Country House Gent on youtube, Petter Mclaren 2 cyl from the 50s, sounds awesome.

Oh yes that is lovely. Would be a pleasure to cruise to that all day.

Edited by Roper