Tracing a Mr J.W. Collins on the River Lea

Featured Posts

Hi all!

My name is Matthew and I work for a firm of probate genealogists called Finders International. we work alongside local authorities and hospitals to assist with tracing next of kin and administering Estates.

This is a bit of a long shot but we’re running out of options so I thought I would give it a go. We are trying to locate a gentleman by the name of John William Collins in relation to an inheritance matter we are working on. The family said that the last time any of them heard from him was that he was living on a boat “near Luton”.

My waterway knowledge is not as good as it should be, but it looks like the River Lea might be the best waterway to find Mr Collins. So, this message goes out to any of you who travel or live on the River Lea or have come across Mr Collins: If you could ask him to get in contact with us at the phone number or email below we would be really grateful:

Email: matthew.carr[@]findersinternational[dot]co.uk

Phone: 020 7490 4935.

I have attached a link to our website which tells you a little more about who we are and our credentials. As this isn’t commercial advertising, I hope it still meets the Rules & Guidelines of this forum: https://www.findersinternational.co.uk/

Any help in finding Mr Collins would be really valuable.

All the best,

Matthew

Edited by magpie patrick
edited email address

1 minute ago, David Mack said:

Have you tried asking the Canal and River Trust if they have a boat licenced in J W Collins name?

Would they be allowed to divulge that?

I think they would need to contact him first.

There are some facebook groups which might be worth posting in, Lea and Stort boaters, London Boaters, probably more.

1 minute ago, M_JG said:

Would they be allowed to divulge that?

I think they would need to contact him first.

I understand that they would probably not divulge  but would either pass on communications or seek the individuals permission first

• Greenie 1

53 minutes ago, Old Son said:
53 minutes ago, Old Son said:

Why the River Lea?

Because the River Lea goes through Luton? (It’s not very wide there though)

1 hour ago, M.Carr Finders Intl. said:

Hi all!

My name is Matthew and I work for a firm of probate genealogists called Finders International. we work alongside local authorities and hospitals to assist with tracing next of kin and administering Estates.

This is a bit of a long shot but we’re running out of options so I thought I would give it a go. We are trying to locate a gentleman by the name of John William Collins in relation to an inheritance matter we are working on. The family said that the last time any of them heard from him was that he was living on a boat “near Luton”.

My waterway knowledge is not as good as it should be, but it looks like the River Lea might be the best waterway to find Mr Collins. So, this message goes out to any of you who travel or live on the River Lea or have come across Mr Collins: If you could ask him to get in contact with us at the phone number or email below we would be really grateful:

Email: matthew.carr[@]findersinternational[dot]co.uk

Phone: 020 7490 4935.

I have attached a link to our website which tells you a little more about who we are and our credentials. As this isn’t commercial advertising, I hope it still meets the Rules & Guidelines of this forum: https://www.findersinternational.co.uk/

Any help in finding Mr Collins would be really valuable.

All the best,

Matthew

mid he lives on a boat near Luton he is most likely to be on the Grand Union Canal

Edited by Tim Lewis

3 hours ago, Phoenix_V said:

There are some facebook groups which might be worth posting in, Lea and Stort boaters, London Boaters, probably more.

I think this is the best course of action.

Ask on as many FB groups as possible as he may have moved. K&A canal boaters society FB group comes to mind. If he is or was on the waterways, it's likely someone will know him on the FB groups as they have many thousands of active members. 

While people on this forum are helpful and very knowledgeable, there are only really a small fraction of active members on here compared to FB groups.....although the quality of advice here is much higher than on FB groups!!

Edited by booke23