Vanette Thermocouple

tizzy

Featured Posts

We are looking for a replacement thermocouple for one of the burners on our 23 year old Vanette gas hob. When you search online it comes up with Stoves parts not Vanette parts. Does anyone know if they are the same brand these days. Many thanks in advance.

Try googling Valor Vanette spares, but I think (not 100% certain) Stoves took over Valor. The only problem is that you will almost certainly need the model number and possibly another code to get the correct part. Vanettes have been around for many yeas (I am sure we had some on the fleet in the 70s) so there must have been design changes over that time.

ISTR all spares for Vanettes ceased to be made about 15 years ago. 

It might turn out that a thermocouple from a different hob can be grafted in and function, but that would take a lot of research and luck. 

New hob time I suggest. Or buy a second hand Vanette on ebay and rob it for spares. There's one on there now for £140.

Edited by MtB

• 2 weeks later...

Are you certain that the thermocouple is faulty? I don't know what sort it is but have you tried swapping the electrical connector at the knob end with that of another knob (if that's possible) just to ensure that the knob isn't where the fault lies?

• Greenie 1

5 minutes ago, PineappleGuy said:

Are you certain that the thermocouple is faulty? I don't know what sort it is but have you tried swapping the electrical connector at the knob end with that of another knob (if that's possible) just to ensure that the knob isn't where the fault lies?

Good point. Often the knob is hitting the  hob before the thermocouple is contacting inside the gas valve. Pull the knob off and try it again by using the bare spindle.

3 hours ago, PineappleGuy said:

Seconded about it being a good point.

The OP could try swapping the thermocouple with the one from a working ring. If the fault follows the thermocouple to a different ring then its deffly the thermocouple. If the fault stays on the same ring then its something else. 

Also, is the flame impinging correctly on the thermocouple tip? If not this will be the problem.