Bathroom Light 12V

Featured Posts

How wet is it likely to get, does it get full of steam. The light in my bathroom has lasted over 20 years so far

7 minutes ago, EnglishRose said:

Thanks, I just wondered if they were suitable for inside our bathroom or if they needed to be a particular type IP eating etc.

They are IP44 and you can buy 3 of them for the price of a Screwfix IP44 bathroom light and its switched, if that is what you need.

Are IP44 lights suitable for bathrooms?

So, the higher the number, the stronger the protection. For example, IP44 rated lights are designed for use as bathroom lights, and wet environments.

Edited by ditchcrawler
Changed a lot and added a bit

1 hour ago, EnglishRose said:

Another question.... For our teeny tiny wet room we need a light, the other one has no label or anything. 

We are all 12V - would something like this be ok?

Dream Lighting LED Ceiling Lights 12v Caravan Interior Lighting Motorhome Campervan Boat On/off Switch Great Power Saving https://amzn.eu/d/9BJTg2i

That unit has a built on/off switch - I thought that switches for bathrooms had to be outside the room?

19 minutes ago, EnglishRose said:

Thanks for the info, I'll find one with a slightly better IP rating.

Why? I bet you wont find one with a switch

39 minutes ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

This is the great thing about CWDF. Some one can now search the forum and know from @ditchcrawler's experience that this type of light switch is fine for BSS. 😀

See if you can find any mention of light switches in the BSS

IP ratings. What they mean. Numerous other similar explanations a search away. I reckon a second digit of 4 is fine for a boat bathroom, assuming it is in the ceiling and 12, or 24V. It is going to get at worst a bit of spray and the occasional splash and be in a humid environment for short periods.

16 minutes ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

IP ratings. BAD LINK Numerous other similar explanations a search away. I reckon a second digit of 4 is fine for a boat bathroom, assuming it is in the ceiling and 12, or 24V. It is going to get at worst a bit of spray and the occasional splash and be in a humid environment for short periods.

As I posted IP44 is suitable for bathrooms

Edited by ditchcrawler
Removed a bad link