HB3 oil pump union seals/washers

Ca Jon

Featured Posts

Good morning!

I have been asked to source washers for the unions that connect the oil pipes from my hb3 to the oil filter.

Have any of you an idea of where to source them?

Thank you

tripos oil filter.png

Looks like its got thin copper washers ..........if there is enough space /length of thread you may be able to use Dowty washers............incidentally ,plain copper should always be annealed before reuse..............any hydraulics shop should have the washers ...........about once a year Aldi sell an assortment of copper and seal washers for a few pounds ..........Im not saying Aldi stuff is any kind of good  quality ,but the kits do come in handy ,IMHO.................should also mention,dont overtighten the banjo  bolt,it will generally have four round holes in it,and if these holes are stretched out of round,the bolt is cactus ,and will never hold.

Edited by john.k

Almost any Engineering supplier, although they are getting rarer and rarer. Take the banjo bolt to a non-dealer garage who will probably have a selection box to sell you some form, and ditto a decent chandlery or a non-chain car parts place. Our Richard and Sue at Marine Engine Service (Midlands)/Primrose Engineering are another possibility.

You could always measure the diameter of the banjo bolt and try your luck on Ebay. I second the Dowty washer recommendation if they will fit.

Edited to add, remember two washers per on each banjo bolt, one either side of the actual banjo.

Edited by Tony Brooks

Namrick (on line) sell copper washers of various imperial sizes in packets of 5 or 10, depending on size.

Screwfix do, or did, as do J&L Industrial/ MSC,  an assortment of copper washers but they are in metric sizes. 

N

6 minutes ago, RLWP said:

We are! 

Richard

We are doing a complete oil flush/change and sorting pesky leaks. It has been a beautiful, reliable engine, but lately has been 'groaning' as it stops. Could be a bearing problem and I may need to engage you guys to investigate and if necessary, recon, or rebuild. 

1 minute ago, BEngo said:

Namrick (on line) sell copper washers of various imperial sizes in packets of 5 or 10, depending on size.

Screwfix do, or did, as do J&L Industrial/ MSC,  an assortment of copper washers but they are in metric sizes. 

N

Thank you Bengo

14 minutes ago, Ca Jon said:

We are doing a complete oil flush/change and sorting pesky leaks. It has been a beautiful, reliable engine, but lately has been 'groaning' as it stops.

Email a video, groaning is unusual

Leaking of course, isn't

Richard

Edited by RLWP

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone,

Thank you for all your help, I have sourced the copper washers... Now am looking for the oil filter cartridge. the one I have taken out is a  FRAM CH-816PL

Is there a better option? Or should I go with an exact replacement?  

IMG_1828.jpeg

2 hours ago, Tracy D'arth said:

BMC A series filter, Mini, A40, A35, loads of cars use this one.

Thank you. 

2 hours ago, BEngo said:

Any decent quality equivalent will be fine.   FRAM, Baldwin, Coopers er al.  Have a look at the inline filters website.

N

Thank you.