Swanhaven

matt grimston

Featured Posts

Hi wondered if anyone could help with info,we have a 57ft cruiser built so I have been told by swanhaven this is what's on our survey documents unfortunately I can't find any info on our boat as when we bought the boat from whilton marina (very nice peaple and helpful) it came without any manuals at all we've had other boats including a springer which despite the bad press was a lovely starter boat and didn't  have any major problems. Any way any info on swanhaven boat builders if there is one would be appreciated thankyou.Sorry I forgot to add that our boat was built in 1991 and was originally named brass farthing.

Edited by matt grimston
Added info

8 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Swanhaven is an Oz marina.

Swan boat builders are a Liverpool company, they did Foxesafloat boat and some other odd craft.

were they operational in 1991?

I wonder if it could be an ex hire boat from Swan Line (who I'm pretty sure were a going concern at that time).

Screenshot_20230107-125822_Chrome.jpg

20230122_113718.jpg

20230304_123451.jpg

Boats called wandrian was brass farthing but soon to be renamed don't think it was called wandrian for long aalso looks like original colour was blue rear cruiser deck closed in and has solid doors .

Swan line did all steel boats. 

The boat in the pictures above comes up as built by "unknown" in the canalplan boat list. 

The Swan line boats were very distinctive. This one does have certain features which could identify it but nothing like as unusual as a swanline boat. 

8 minutes ago, matt grimston said:

Yep real pain hopeful that someone may be able to shed light on it ....

Why is it a "real pain"? What is it you need to know? Is there something specific? 

Looks a perfectly good boat at a glance. You say you have survey documents saying Swanhaven built it. Can you call the surveyor and ask him or her where they got that info? 

Edited by MtB
  • Greenie 1

Next step I think....I was looking for bit more history would be nice to know where she came from and if she was used in hire business only had her for couple of months might be some questions about the alde heater in the future but alls good and working...but hey its a narrowboat and we had a springer before so we know not to be complacent lol.

2 hours ago, matt grimston said:

Boats called wandrian was brass farthing but soon to be renamed don't think it was called wandrian for long aalso looks like original colour was blue rear cruiser deck closed in and has solid doors .

That wasn't the Brass Farthing I was referring too

2 hours ago, PeterF said:

Nothing on Canal Plan boat listing, Builder unknown.

However there is a different boat listed attributed to Swan Haven, which might support the idea that that is a real company.

Isabella Built by Swan Haven - Length : 13.72 metres ( 45 feet ) - Beam : 2.09 metres ( 6 feet 10 inches ). Metal hull N/A power of 20 HP. Registered with Canal & River Trust number 71171 as a Powered Motor Boat.  ( Last updated on Saturday 19th April 2008 )