George Ward evicted.

Featured Posts

A dumper who leaves the boat for 14 days then moves it isn't a squatter because they are behaving in a legal way as long as the boat is licensed.  Squatting is when you occupy a location without consent and / or without a licence and cause trouble when asked to move.

Maybe the CRT gave Mr Ward reasonable adjustments and that was his mooring but I think possibly this is not the case. It -appears- to all intents and purposes that he was just pushing and pushing and eventually lost out. 

Predictable outcome. 

Google picks this case out going back many yars. CRT have been trying to deal with the problem for a long time. 

https://www.gazetteandherald.co.uk/news/10625333.trust-attempts-to-recover-76k-from-man/

S8 August 2013. 

Presumably this was resolved by the boats being licensed. If not then questions need to be asked about why it took so long to sort it out. 

Edited by magnetman
edit to include subtle racism
  • Greenie 1

On 13/05/2023 at 09:59, Tony Brooks said:

However, Magnetman did not use the term Gypsy or Traveller, which do describe defined groups. He used a lower case p and a term that accurately describes a subset of travelling folks who have a record of leaving a trail of excreta and discarded rubbish on private and public land when they move on. It seems to me that this is a perfectly acceptable description of how the chap concerned was behaving. Unless you have experienced this personally, I think it is a bit rich for an overseas member to get offended on behalf of someone who is obviously antisocial and has no regard for the norms of expected behaviour. That sort of conduct also describes the subset of travellers referred to.

This is a regular occurrence on playing fields near me.

They cut the locks off the gates (this time they removed the gates presumably taken  for their scrap value) and move onto playing fields used by many local youth and 5 a side football clubs. Then they terrorise the locals and steal from the local shops.

They leave the site in a terrible mess,  human and other waste everywhere, which invariably means a two week or more closure whilst the site is cleaned and disinfected, all at the taxpayer's expense.

As @blackrose said, if they kept a low profile and left the site as they found it, people would be more accepting of them.

PXL_20230504_072140931.jpg

On 13/05/2023 at 12:08, MtB said:

Never heard that term before. Is it like a long shaft?

No it's more like a bong shaft... 🤣😅

5 hours ago, Arthur Marshall said:

A white person Is a person of colour. Most of us are. Perhaps you should stop pretending it doesn't make a difference to you.

The difference in your little scenario , though I accept you can't understand it, is that they were telling their compatriots there was a wealthy person about who could be exploited, while in the jolly old UK it would be warning everyone there was a dangerous criminal about. It's about assumptions and attitudes, see? Institutional racism, it's called.

There again, dunno why I bother. I suppose it bit of urban myth makes a change from the usual cut and paste job.

I would have thought that the only human who wasn't  "a person of colour"  would be the invisible man!

Edited by cuthound

8 hours ago, Arthur Marshall said:

... though I accept you can't understand it, is that they were telling their compatriots there was a wealthy person about who could be exploited, while in the jolly old UK it would be warning everyone there was a dangerous criminal about. 

Can you see what you wrote there? 

Why would I, as a white British person, assume that someone with dark skin was a 'dangerous criminal'? 

The way you phrased it was dodgy and you were making assumptions about assumptions. 

Everyone knows assumption is a bad idea but assumptions of assumptions is a compound bad idea. 

Not everyone thinks darkies are 'dangerous criminals' but it is natural and entirely understandable to be cautious when presented with people whose culture you do not understand and have no experience of. It is human nature.  

There are dangerous criminals from all groups. We even get them in the upper class system. It is shocking but yes some of us are very bad and need shooting. 

With humans the males have trouser snakes and the females have soft protuberant bodies adhering to the thorax. Sometimes they get together and do the progeny thing.

End of story. Racism is about thick people responding to basic instinct. Clever people know how to avoid this issue.

Pikeys are still bad though to be fair. 

15 minutes ago, john.k said:

Not to mention all the Gypsy airplanes .......history must be changed in the tireless pursuit of wokeness.

I have noticed that when The Dambusters is broadcast, the dog is now called Trigger, and the call-sign for the destruction of the dam is now T Trigger. History is already being re-written.

Alec

10 minutes ago, john.k said:

Not to mention all the Gypsy airplanes .......history must be changed in the tireless pursuit of wokeness.

Guy Gibson's (Dambusters) dog has either been renamed (to 'Trigger') or all traces of his name removed, in films and print.

In the pub which was the Officers Mess the painting of the squadron has has the dog's name painted out.

The dog is buried on the air base (where Gibson was based) and where it was run over on the night of the Dam Busters raid - the base is now closed and is being converted into a 'concentration camp' for illegal immigrants and asylum seekers and there are huge fears that the grave will be vandalised. There has been a request for an exhumation order so the dogs remains can be moved to another airfield where it can be properly cared for.

A new headstone was put in place in 2020 with the dogs name removed.

Dambusters dog buried at RAF Scampton could be exhumed and moved elsewhere - Lincolnshire Live

3 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Guy Gibson's (Dambusters) dog has either been renamed (to 'Trigger') or all traces of his name removed, in films and print.

In the pub which was the Officers Mess the painting of the squadron has has the dog's name painted out.

The dog is buried on the air base (where Gibson was based) and where it was run over on the night of the Dam Busters raid - the base is now closed and is being converted into a 'concentration camp' for illegal immigrants and asylum seekers and there are huge fears that the grave will be vandalised. There has been a request for an exhumation order so the dogs remains can be moved to another airfield where it can be properly cared for.

A new headstone was put in place in 2020 with the dogs name removed.

Dambusters dog buried at RAF Scampton could be exhumed and moved elsewhere - Lincolnshire Live

FFS!
Several years ago I was travelling down the M1 listening to Radio 4's women's hourh. The ladies were arguing for the title of Agatha Christie's novel "10 Little Nigger Boys" to be changed. The counter argument was from then Labour MP, Paul Boateng, now Baron Boateng of the Lords. He was insisting that the black community would not be offended. Of course the (presumably white) ladies insisted they would be. 

Edited by Midnight

1 hour ago, Midnight said:

FFS!
Several years ago I was travelling down the M1 listening to Radio 4's women's hourh. The ladies were arguing for the title of Agatha Christie's novel "10 Little Nigger Boys" to be changed. The counter argument was from then Labour MP, Paul Boteng, now Baron Boteng of the Lords. He was insisting that the black community would not be offended. Of course the (presumably white) ladies insisted they would be. 

He might be offended at your mis-spelling of his name though... 😉

• Horror 1

I can tell you ,the black (none are,but thats beside the point) community here were demanding a change in the name of Coon Cheese.....the abos are notoriously sensitive to anything where there might be a payout involved.

3 hours ago, Arthur Marshall said:

This is like reading the political crap on the subforum.

And well done for getting the word "nigger" into the thread. I'm proud of you all. It's like listening  to ten year olds practicing swearing and thinking it's big.

Doesn't surprise me, though. I'm starting to think George Ward is worth more as a human being than you lot.

Excuse me Arthur but that was the original name of Agatha Christie's novel if it offends you - tough!

6 minutes ago, Midnight said:

Excuse me Arthur but that was the original name of Agatha Christie's novel if it offends you - tough!

I think the point was that in a discussion about a possibly mentally ill law-breaking old-age boater, it's difficult to see how words like "nigger" and "coon" and "wog" and "darkie" and "pikey" have any relevance or do anything other than pour petrol on the flames and divert the thread into the same old war against "woke"... 😞

Edited by IanD
  • Greenie 3

1 minute ago, IanD said:

I think the point was that in a discussion about a possibly mentally ill law-breaking old-age boater, it's difficult to see how words like "nigger" and "coon" and "pikey" have any relevance or do anything other than pour petrol on the flames...

I did introduce the word 'scumbag' a few posts ago but nobody seemed to take offence at that one.