Llangollen possibly

Featured Posts

Well we decided on the S&W. Now wishing we hadn't as Wolverhampton boat club have decided to have their bank holiday cruise and there are about 20 boats from there sat on the Bratch top moorings, which presumably will all be wanting to go the same way as us tomorrow! Looks like an early start for us then !

2 minutes ago, gatekrash said:

Well we decided on the S&W. Now wishing we hadn't as Wolverhampton boat club have decided to have their bank holiday cruise and there are about 20 boats from there sat on the Bratch top moorings, which presumably will all be wanting to go the same way as us tomorrow! Looks like an early start for us then !

Pre-Dawn, watch the sun come up!

I am now back on land. Time to start planning!

Cheers Graham 

23 minutes ago, Graham and Jo said:

Pre-Dawn, watch the sun come up!

We've already decided to move before breakfast then stop for brunch somewhere instead.

We're already thinking of the next long cruise, possibly the S Oxford as we've not been that way yet.

1 hour ago, gatekrash said:

We've already decided to move before breakfast then stop for brunch somewhere instead.

We're already thinking of the next long cruise, possibly the S Oxford as we've not been that way yet.

Let us know when as you may pass Dotterel's mooring. Cheers Graham 

1 minute ago, Graham and Jo said:

Yes, how do I do that?

I just copy the link from YouTube and paste it, sometimes I have to add a space or hit enter after pasting the link and it automatically gets converted to the embedded video.

12 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

I just copy the link from YouTube and paste it, sometimes I have to add a space or hit enter after pasting the link and it automatically gets converted to the embedded video.

Well that just worked for me too but I swear it didn't earlier. Who knows? Cheers Graham

We've arrived back at Droitwich this morning. Total trip for us by the time we diverted down to Worcester for a day and back up the W&B was 305 miles, 262 locks.

Interestingly when we planned it Canalplan (with our defaults tweaked to match our locking average speed) reckoned that it should have taken us 156.5 hours, our engine hours on arrival back show that the total trip took us 154 hours, so pretty accurate!

• Greenie 2

24 minutes ago, gatekrash said:

We've arrived back at Droitwich this morning. Total trip for us by the time we diverted down to Worcester for a day and back up the W&B was 305 miles, 262 locks.

Interestingly when we planned it Canalplan (with our defaults tweaked to match our locking average speed) reckoned that it should have taken us 156.5 hours, our engine hours on arrival back show that the total trip took us 154 hours, so pretty accurate!

Anything particularly useful or interesting to report? 🙂