Moving the gulper

Featured Posts

16 hours ago, Cal Ando said:

Thanks for all your expert responses, especially the advice relating to the water seeping back through the pump.   I currently have a flojet R4195 143A, which, as I can't find anywhere on any system, I assume that Noah installed it in his ark.   This has a separate in line filter which, since the introduction of a lint trap on the shower trap, only needs cleaning about every month or so.  Nevertheless, this is quite the task as the clear, round plastic top normally needs the oil filter wrench to move it, but once free and cleaned, the system works faultlessly for about a month.   I might try ditching the filter and see how the Flojet manages on its own with all the crud from the shower directly.   Safe boating.

I have the same set up, but I don't have your problem unscrewing the filter cover. I wouldn't even consider trying to run it without the filter.

Thanks to all you lovely people I explained to Mrs Ando what Yall said about Gulpers and Flojets and then went into Wickes to buy my weekly ration of narrowboat timber.   When I returned She already had a Whale Gulper 220 (12v) on order!   She said she could not stand the noise from the bathroom when the filter blocked.   I didn't think the pump was that noisy but then she explained "Not it.  YOU!"   I have to admit to using profanity grease when dealing with stuck components, especially those designed by 6 yr olds and installed by 5 yr olds!   Anyway, hopefully our genuine Gulper will sit out of sight and not drive me out of mind for quite some time.    I was amazed by this Gulper video if anyone hasn't seen it, although if this Gulper was developed to handle such objects in a typical Northern Irish toilet system, it begs the question  what DO they put in their fruit salads!

Edited by Cal Ando
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Cal Ando said:

Thanks to all you lovely people I explained to Mrs Ando what Yall said about Gulpers and Flojets and then went into Wickes to buy my weekly ration of narrowboat timber.   When I returned She already had a Whale Gulper 220 (12v) on order!   She said she could not stand the noise from the bathroom when the filter blocked.   I didn't think the pump was that noisy but then she explained "Not it.  YOU!"   I have to admit to using profanity grease when dealing with stuck components, especially those designed by 6 yr olds and installed by 5 yr olds!   Anyway, hopefully our genuine Gulper will sit out of sight and not drive me out of mind for quite some time.    I was amazed by this Gulper video if anyone hasn't seen it, although if this Gulper was developed to handle such objects in a typical Northern Irish toilet system, it begs the question  what DO they put in their fruit salads!

Bear in mind this video is the Gulper toilet pump, not shower pump.

9 hours ago, Cal Ando said:

This music it plays while pumping is pretty annoying though.

Just now, TheBiscuits said:

Nah, the "Save a whale" one ...

From the North to the South, Ebudæ unto Khartoum
From the deep Sea of Clouds to the Island of the Moon
Carry me on the waves to the lands I've never been
Carry me on the waves to the lands I've never seen
We can sail, we can sail with the Orinoco Flow
We can sail, we can sail

Save a whale

Save a whale

Save a whale